2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is that dreaded time of year when i have to renew my insurance, can anyone reccomend any good companies that arn't the mainstream one's we all know & hate?
Technically i have modifications (brake upgrade) & a girlfriend to put as a named driver who is under 25 so churchill etc won't insure her.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
even though u said to avoid "mainstream" insurers i would get a quote from admiral.

im a 22 year old male with 0 no claims bonus (however i had 5 years as a named driver but that was only for use on compare the market site, dont think admiral used it)
im insured in my name, fully comp on a 57plate CTR GT. Both my parents are named drivers which brought it down slightly and the car is kept on a locked driveway with CCTV. However my annual payment is £1100. I know to a lot of people on this site thats very high, but in all fairness, with me being male and 22 i think thats a good price!

I have been told though that if you have to claim they will go through your car extensively to find a mod that you have no stated, but again in all fairness to them i looked at the extra cost of putting an exhaust system and CAI on to the car and it was only £110 extra a year. Im sure over the phone it may be slightly less!

They were one of the only people that would insure me, adrian flux n greenlight were both over £2500 for a golf gti mk 4, i didnt even bother getting a quote from them for my CTR.

so maybe not right for you, but worth a quote!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I got (and took) a fantastic quote from Aviva.

Also - if other parts of your life need insurance - you often find these days putting two or more products together give even better discounts - so our home insurance moved to them as well.

Try A-One in Dorset?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
try confused.com you'll get several quotes, mate.

Best I got was £470 fully comp but I'm quite old........... and have 9 years NCB

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys good start, i've not heard of greenlight before.
I will try all the "mainstream" companies & comparison websites first but have had so much nicer experiences when i've used a private broker.
& i have been warned on more than one occasion that the admiral group will not pay out for any mods even if you've claimed them on your insurance.
This year i used churchill as buying the CW CTR was a bit of a spontanious & quick buy, they weren't going to charge a lot for the brake upgrade but then said they couldn't at all due the girlfriend being a named driver. The guy on the phone actually asked me i the brake upgrade increased horse power!!!haha.
& i think paying £1100 for a CTR at 22 is pretty good as i was paying that for my previous type s.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Being 22 and having a type R is never going to end in a cheap quote, however do try:

Greenlight
Adrian Flux
A Plan
Sky
Chris Knott

·
Registered
299 Posts
can recommend aviva also. was with chris knott previously for my mps but wont cover me on type R as under 30, greenlight couldnt quote either, comparison websites coming back at 1600+ Aviva 780 before mods 915 with mods and it was me changing the rear seat that added the majority. was v impressed with them

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
yeah i wasnt expecting a cheap quote, which is why i was happy with the £1100. even tho it is an annual payment not monthly, which is sickening to think i could buy a mugen wing every year with a tiny bit of change left over :( damn things lol

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
oh and one more thing is get the quote from comparethemarket of where ever then ring them up and the price will usually be lower...by the time id finished the price had gone from £1800 to £1100

1 - 13 of 13 Posts