2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2.2 Type S GT
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 22, with 4 years NCB and one conviction.

I was paying £500 a year for my 1.2 Polo.

I am now paying £510 for my 2.2 Type S Civic.

Just wondering if that seems resonable my age etc?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Thats a bargain!

I'm 28, 4 years NCB, no convictions and cheapest I got is £600 on my 2007 2.2 ES.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Insurance premiums depend on so many factors like-

Your excess
The area where you live
What you use your car for
How many miles you intend to do
Where you park you car during the day and in the evening

I would say that was a good premium at your age with your conviction :), if you lived in London I would say that it is a fantastic premium

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
That's amazing. My renewal is up in march and was curious about how much my premium would be. I'm getting quotes of £2k minimum. I'm 22, 3years Ncb. No convictions. What insurance is everyone with?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
That's amazing. My renewal is up in march and was curious about how much my premium would be. I'm getting quotes of £2k minimum. I'm 22, 3years Ncb. No convictions. What insurance is everyone with?
It does not really matter who others are with. So many factors are taken into consideration. Car & Area are the main ones. It's a case of shopping around the main websites, go-compare etc, also give a few brokers a ring as they will deal with a number of insurers.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Yeah will do that nearer the time. Them quotes got me worried. I have only just bought the car and my insurer (admiral) only charged me £100 extra for 6months cover. Then went on their website and got a quote and it was like £2,300. So I'm hoping it comes down a bit when I ring them

·
2.2 Type S GT
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car is parked on private property in a nice area of Aberdeen.

Only for social and pleasure. I am lucky enough to stay only a 15 minute walk from my work!

Annual mileage of 8k.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I went with sky insurance, they were £500 cheaper for me and the mrs, admiral have lost our business, got them from the back of Banzai magazine

·
Registered
122 Posts
One thing you can do to help reduce the cost of the premium is to add an older relative as a named driver. Until now added a female relative was the way to go but as from the 31 st Dec EU law has forced insurers not to discriminate on the grounds of gender. The idea behind this is that even though the other driver may only drive the car occasionally, as they are a lower risk, the insurer take the veiw that if even for short periods of time they are less likely to get a claim in. (unless your parents have terrible driving records). Make sure you stress to the insurer that you are the main driver as claiming your 60 year old mum is the main driver of your CTR and you are the occasional driver will be rumbled by your insurer!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts