2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was with Bell last year, paid £1,250 for my 2.2 Civic FK3. I had no NCB, 21 years old and held licence for 2 years.

Now I'm 22, 1 year NCB and most of my quotes have been £2,600+. I did however manage to get £1,425 quote from direct line but still disappointed that it became more expensive instead of getting cheaper.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Doesn't help that premiums are going up because of uninsured drivers, which isn't helped by increased premiums, which isn't helped by uninsured drivers, which isn't helped by increased premiums...wait a minute :hmmmm2:

·
Registered
177 Posts
My brother in laws car got hit from behind. His insurance company deliberately spent months repairing something that was no more than a replacement bumper. The bill for his courtesy car came to over £5000 and they also claimed on his lights that he damaged with a roof rack. As for the constant injury calls, well that was a whole issue in itself. They claimed the whole lot of the other party. My brother in law wasn't bothered as he had an upgraded courtesy car and new lights which he didn't ask for. Ultimately this is what comes to bite us when it comes to renewal.

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
It's a very sad state when no blame, no cost accidents still bump up the next premium.

'You've had an accident by being in the wrong place at the wrong time so you are a higher risk'.

I find that quite immoral and shows most insurance companies in their true light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts