2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes.
Picked up an IN10 almost 5 years ago (insurance renewal mixup), anyway, go insurance same day as the conviction 18/10 - as you would.

Renewal notice came through - still quoting the 6 points as 18/10/40 (conviction date) and 18/10/13 (renewal date) as this still falls within the 5 years declaration.

The conclusion we came to on the phone (privilege), let my insurance lapse at noon on 18th and start again on 00.01 on the 19th, as then my 6 points will have expired.

Now, I really don't want to be un-insured for the rest of the 18th from noon onwards, what are the possibilities of them extending the cover until the following day ?
Any ideas ?
Cheers !

·
Registered
44 Posts
its worth asking them or get temp insurance (google it - usually expensive, eg £30+ per day) or park the car in a very safe place and hitch a lift for a day.
also usually worth using confused.com, gocompare, moneysupermarket etc for best prices.
companies work differrently - i had an accident just over 3 yrs ago. most take into account accidents over last 5 yrs, but i managed to find one that disregarded accidents over 3 yrs and saved £200 ish!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rubbish.
They won't extend it 'til the midnight for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts