2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know which companies are willing to insure a supercharged fn2 at a reasonable price? (Only quote so far £1400)
I'm looking at it as a possible upgrade later in the year and I am having trouble finding anybody willing to insure me for sensible money.
Bearing in mind I'm 54, had the car for 8 years (already insured with modifications), clean license with no claims or convictions in the last 15 years and 9 years no claims bonus (maximum they will give) with my current insurer (chis knott)...

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Jesus. Forget about that quote. I'm with green light, 340bhp supercharged CW and I pay around £400 odd per year 29 years old. Don't remember the exact number, might be £450. It's based on bhp too. Ring Neil @ green light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Anybody know which companies are willing to insure a supercharged fn2 at a reasonable price? (Only quote so far £1400)
I'm looking at it as a possible upgrade later in the year and I am having trouble finding anybody willing to insure me for sensible money.
Bearing in mind I'm 54, had the car for 8 years (already insured with modifications), clean license with no claims or convictions in the last 15 years and 9 years no claims bonus (maximum they will give) with my current insurer (chis knott)...
Hello,

Why don't you try our office on 02380 268351 - We would love to give you a quotation. :eek:

Kind Regards

AIB Insurance
02380 268351

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Akin_Black,

At 54 years old and having owned your FN2 for 8 years already, £1400 seems pretty extreme.

We've covered plenty of supercharger conversions for Type R's over the years, with Jackson Racing being one of the most popular that we've seen over the years :cool:

We have several products that can cater for this, which reward your vehicle ownership and also allow a club/forum member discount.

If you're keeping this as a 2nd car (ie. have an everyday car) and a clean record from a non-recoverable/fault accident perspective, we're also able to allow our equivalent NCB percentage as a 'mirrored' introductory discount and we also reward lower mileage use.

We'd be happy to help and if you would like us to take a look at this for a 2nd (or 3rd) opinion - You can apply to us by:

1) Calling 01277 650866 - (9am - 6pm monday to friday, or 9am - 1pm saturday)

2) Visiting Greenlight Insurance to apply online

3) PM'ing me your contact details and we'll call to run through this.

Kind regards

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Hey green light I have my insurance coming up in a month or so and will be looking for a quote mods declared......I'm 26 in May and have 8 years no claims....civic fn2 will have a supercharger on by summer but is a 2nd car to me...drop me a pm cheers

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi TypeRsam1,

Thanks for posting.

The 8 years NCB will really help, as will it being a 2nd (presumably pleasure/cherished) car. If you cover a lower mileage, as your miles are spread between the two cars that will help too.

Trackday cover is an option with several of our products and our modified vehicle schemes also include like for like replacement of aftermarket/modified parts in the event of a repairable/replaceable incident.

Thanks for thinking of us - PM on its way.

Kind regards

Tony

Hey green light I have my insurance coming up in a month or so and will be looking for a quote mods declared......I'm 26 in May and have 8 years no claims....civic fn2 will have a supercharger on by summer but is a 2nd car to me...drop me a pm cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Tony, how much would it be to insure my fn2 which is standard apart from a afternarket exhaust? I'm 37 and have 13 years nc. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts