2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know we've had questions about insurance before,just got my new quote
from honda which is with zurich £700 not happy,my question is for people with rages and splitters did u all declare these options with your insurers,and can i get this quote down with anybody else, im 47 years old i did get a quote from admiral for £548 which was much more like it. any thoughts would be greatful.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Any changes you make to your car must be declared. Insurers will wriggle out of paying claims if they can. Any failure to notify them of changes will give them the excuse they need not to pay out.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I declared the splitters to my insurance company, Esure, they made a note of them but there was no increase in premium.

As the Rages are a factory fitted option there shouldn't be a problem with those either. I would make your insurance company aware of them however. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I told my insurance I had the Rage alloys they said as it came from the factory with them it did not count as a mod that had to be declared.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
When I told my insurance I had the Rage alloys they said as it came form the factory with them it did not count as a mod that had to be declared.
same for me

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
When I told my Company that I had the Honda factory fit Sat Nav, they informed me that as it was an option, its a mod, so another £19 on your premium please .

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
A lot of insurance companies class anything that is not standard specification as a modification, regardless of wether it is factory fitted or not.
Found this out the hard way a few years ago after buying a new 3 series with factory fit Mtech sport bodykit and uprated suspension, my insurer cancelled my policy although they had insured my previous BMW and I really struggled to get insured for a reasonable amount as most insurers would not even insure the car although I had full no claims, no accidents and no points and car garaged... most said that it was modified from standard spec and any that did quote being near £1000. Eventually got cover for £486 with a £300 excess, if I had kept my mouth shut I could have got insured for £273 but too much of a risk with a £25k+ car.
Had to stay with the same insurer for the 4 years I had the car as every year had the same problem.

It's down to personal choice wether you tell them or not, me I'd be honest as I don't want to give them any excuse should the worst happen.

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Give virginmoney a try!!! They were the cheapest we found by far!! Still with them 3 years on!!

Jayne x

·
Registered
33 Posts
i know we've had questions about insurance before,just got my new quote
from honda which is with zurich £700 not happy,my question is for people with rages and splitters did u all declare these options with your insurers,and can i get this quote down with anybody else, im 47 years old i did get a quote from admiral for £548 which was much more like it. any thoughts would be greatful.
mate at your age think you should be looking around the £300-400 mark if not less. I'm 38 and only pay £350 fc with no excess.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
mate at your age think you should be looking around the £300-400 mark if not less. I'm 38 and only pay £350 fc with no excess.
Not true. Depends on alot of things! NCB, area, Criminal convictions, Motoring convictions, where the car is kept at night etc etc

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the reply everyone i will investigate more.
cheers.

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
let us know how you go on!!

·
whos farted?
30 Posts
hmmm im supprised that someone of 47 is paying over 700 for insurance, when im 26 and paying just over 500 or have I got a "rare as rockin horse" belter of a deal here?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got my insurance down to £460 now with performance direct,same cover as honda's who i was with before, wheels and splitters declared as well.
well happy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my insurance on a 1.8se for £700 58 plate and i am 21 with no claims bonus with admiral which i thought was well good :) always declare what your modes are because if you wright it off they may not pay out then your screwed :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
I even declared the grill badges etc in my insurance quote! Didn't make a difference.

Going back to the first thread..........................................

I can't believe you were quoted that for insurance!!!!!!!!!

I'm only 25 but just renewed with LV. £414 inc courtesy car legal cover etc

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Most insurers will NOT replace modifications, even though you have to declare them (Tesco, NU, Admiral, Bell etc. etc.) I have alloys mirror etc. and they said it has been declared (and my premium increased accordingly), however if my car get wrecked or my wheels stolen I will only get standard alloys back, check your small print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts