2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

(Londoners)
Interested to know what prices you were quoted/or are on at the moment with a FN2 Type R in London?

I am 26 years old with 0 NCD but 6 years named driver, I am receiving quotes of £1,500+ without any mods!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I moved up from Southampton in April last year where I was paying about £600 ish. Just got a renewal of £930! I'm 37 with about 16 years claim free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I moved up from Southampton in April last year where I was paying about £600 ish. Just got a renewal of £930! I'm 37 with about 16 years claim free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blimey! It shouldnt cost that much!
Think you should definately shop around come renewal!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all

(Londoners)
Interested to know what prices you were quoted/or are on at the moment with a FN2 Type R in London?

I am 26 years old with 0 NCD but 6 years named driver, I am receiving quotes of £1,500+ without any mods!
Got my 1.8 ES in December a week or so after passing my test. Paying something in the region of £1800 a year in insurance. I'm 28 and living in a fairly posh place.

We can cry together, if you like. :p

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my 1.8 ES in December a week or so after passing my test. Paying something in the region of £1800 a year in insurance. I'm 28 and living in a fairly posh place.

We can cry together, if you like. :p
First of all congrats to getting the pink card

And second of all getting a civic :)

I seriously cant believe how they justify the prices? If it was in the reigion of £1000-£1500 that would have been reasonable!
You hear 18 year olds on their first car being quoted this much but a 27 year old? (No offence)! you wouldnt be like "YOLO!"

Did you go on comparison sites, etc?

·
Hoonigan!
154 Posts
Postcode is the biggest factor on insurance crime rates etc.

Insuring my fn2 in bolton - 25 - driving 5 years 4 years ncb im paying 1600
If i insured it at my aunties house in penrith its 500.

Bloody joke.

·
Registered
15 Posts
First of all congrats to getting the pink card

And second of all getting a civic :)

I seriously cant believe how they justify the prices? If it was in the reigion of £1000-£1500 that would have been reasonable!
You hear 18 year olds on their first car being quoted this much but a 27 year old? (No offence)! you wouldnt be like "YOLO!"

Did you go on comparison sites, etc?
Yeah, thats after going through comparison sites. I had some argey-bargey with them as it was - they tried to give me an "updated" quote of four ****ing grand.

Like you said, I was mystified at paying so much at 28. I know that 18 year old shitheads getting a civic are a magnet for car accidents, but I've got a steady professional salaried job and a kid. I'm not going to go out and immediately wrap the thing around a tree!

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Yeah, thats after going through comparison sites. I had some argey-bargey with them as it was - they tried to give me an "updated" quote of four ****ing grand.

Like you said, I was mystified at paying so much at 28. I know that 18 year old shitheads getting a civic are a magnet for car accidents, but I've got a steady professional salaried job and a kid. I'm not going to go out and immediately wrap the thing around a tree!
If I am reading correctly you are a brand new driver and live in London (posh area or not nearly all London post codes have a higher premium), having a child does not make you more "responsible" in the eyes of insurers, obviously your age will count for you versus an 18 year old but that is the only area you differ. I agree that insurance is a lottery, when I insured my Type S the quotes varied massively, one "trick" is to try variations of your job title (without lying) as some attract a higher premium. eg you might be a "sales rep" but based in an office hence a tile such as "sales admin" or "telesales" might work for you, I cannot find the link but I remember reading about what job titles hike up the premium along with suggestions for alternatives - might be worth doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts