2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've a stock civic at the mo' and have thought about modding n I see people quoting cost of mods and then insurance. I wonder though come insurance renewal how do those same people fare?

See I've used Admiral multicar in the past and the new customer quote was fantastic but 2nd year renewal was poor, 3rd was worse! So my question to those with declared mods -you paid a flat fee for the mod but how did you fare second/third year insurance?

I'm not sure how much info people would be prepared to give out but maybe something like:
1st yr quote -£xxx -listed mods
2nd yr quote -£xxx -additional mods
3rd yr quote -£xxx -

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Hi,
I've a stock civic at the mo' and have thought about modding n I see people quoting cost of mods and then insurance. I wonder though come insurance renewal how do those same people fare?

See I've used Admiral multicar in the past and the new customer quote was fantastic but 2nd year renewal was poor, 3rd was worse! So my question to those with declared mods -you paid a flat fee for the mod but how did you fare second/third year insurance?

I'm not sure how much info people would be prepared to give out but maybe something like:
1st yr quote -£xxx -listed mods
2nd yr quote -£xxx -additional mods
3rd yr quote -£xxx -
Been with Admiral for about 7 years. Every year they overdo the renewal by £3-400. Just do a quote on moneysupermarket or via Admiral's site and quote that when renewing as they will match it.

As for mods they are expensive but fairly priced compared to most other insurers.

·
Administrator
18,079 Posts
I've used Adrian Flux for a couple of years and added mod's left right and center. Adding mod's didn't cost a bean extra and renewal quote in the 2nd year was cheaper. I'd recommend them.

I tried other insurers but they weren't straight with me, tried to cut corners or sneak in xtra costs elsewhere. I've never had any bother with AF.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I'm now concerned about adding my spoiler to my car.

I'm with hastings premier but don't know how they will react to the adding of a spoiler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah in the past renewals tend to suck, but I can always haggle/shop around.

from past experience a new customer discount tends to mean an ok quote for year one but it appears that the no. of insurers for a modded car are limited so it'd restrict the shopping around, so I'm wondering how second/third year quotes tend to go?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts