2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Ive been phoning a few insurance companys and i was just wondering who you have found the cheapest?

cheers!!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I have found Swiftcover the cheapest, but have read a few bad reports about their service. :(

That said though I have read bad reports about a lot of them. So I suppose it is a bit of a lottery and you never find out how good they are until you claim. :(

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Go for confused.com every time!

"The metric system never caught on in the States.
So it suprises me where they got the 9mm bullet from!"

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
OK I know its not a civic (1.6 Golf 16v) .........Mrs Britsbest with Post Office fully comp prot bonus £100 xs... after cash back.............£116 beat that!

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I used Moneysupermarket.com and they came up with a quote of £379 with eSure for the Type R GT which I thought was pretty good :D

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I used Moneysupermarket.com and they came up with a quote of £379 with eSure for the Type R GT which I thought was pretty good :D
I'm still waiting for my renewal price but esure have quoted me £313 with protected NCD. I'm pretty please with that. :D

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
esure have just worked out cheapest for me as well

·
Banned
229 Posts
Do you know about Quidco? Quidco - The web's cashback cooperative

It's a cash-back cooperative, and is genuine and works really well. Basically, before you visit a website, delete any cookies you have from that website, and click through the link to the company on the quidco site. If you end up buying a product as a direct result of that click-through, the company pays quidco a referral commission. The amount depends on the company and what you're buying but it can be substantial. (This is one way internet marketing works, people write articles about a product and provide a link to the website, thus getting referral cash on the sly. Quidco uses that mechanism to benefit its members.)

I got my last car insured with more than, using a £75 cash back offer from quidco which made the already-competitive £380 quote very cheap indeed.

Otherwise, I've always had very good quotes and good service from the AA and DirectLine. Where you get good prices from very much depends on your profile.

Courant

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I went to SwiftCover.com via one of those internt price comparison websites (can't remember which one). They beat my renewal quote from Budget.

It seems SwiftCover.com keep their premiums competitive by doing most things online like getting your Insurance Certificate emailed to you...if you don't mind this way of doing business.

I don't have a problem with them yet (touch wood).

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
they are the ones without the clucking call centres I think?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Never had a problem with Churchill or Direct Line. Both for home and car. Although they are really for Mr/s Average. Great customer service in my experience. Been with Churchill past couple of years for both home and car now, and just renewed car and they matched their own internet price which was good so I saved another tenner or so. Under £200 including protected no claims and legal cover with a £250 excess.

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Are you all 200 years old living in Kensington covering under 2 miles per year???

My cheapest quote for my type r is £1400 fully comp...
I'm 25 with 3 years no claims bonus and 3 speeding points.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Are you all 200 years old living in Kensington covering under 2 miles per year???

My cheapest quote for my type r is £1400 fully comp...
I'm 25 with 3 years no claims bonus and 3 speeding points.
Its an easy equation:

Fast Car + Documented Fast Driver = Profit for insurance company!

·
Dandy Don
170 Posts
I was £508 for me (25) and the missus (23) insured on my Type-R GT from Elephant!

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
3 points is hardly a documented fast driver though... my dad has 3 points and he drives almost slow enough to drive miss daisy!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Type S GT 1.8 Norwich Union Direct - £860

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Cheaper Insurance

London Victoria (LV=) £250 fully comp/protected £100 Excess. Mind you, I am 45 and will be driving a 2.2 CDTI SE when it arrives on 15th March - Happy days:D

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
:oops:Another Swiftcover convert..... even the renewals are competitive without asking...

Got both cars with them, and even when i had an issue with credit card fraud (elsewhere) and they could not take the renewal payment, they wrote to me and on contact we sorted the issue and they changed BOTH policies onto the new payment method with very little hassle....

Not had to make any type of claim though.....but £170 fully comp on a 2.2 diesel doing 20k+ miles a year .... cant argue with that !!

And yes i`m an old fart with no history of speeding... they cant charge you till they catch you....The motorbie insurance is £77 TPFT for a 1000cc V twin as well.....

Apologies to anyone under 30 who are probably already seething....:oops:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts