2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks...

Long time no speak... ;)

Anyway, I got my insurance renewal for my Civic today...

£1007 from Admiral lol!!! :confused:

Anyway after paying £780 last year i wasnt happy....

So after searching i gave eSure a try....

£593... :D yey....

Ive also just seen a post on CTRO forum saying you get 3 years roadside assistance with warranty...is this correct?

I was told only 1 year???

If its right i can save my self about £50 on the premium since i have 14 days to amend it...

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I've just renewed my insurance and have moved from Direct Line to Esure, saving myself about 10% (£40). And, yes, I do believe that the Civic comes with free 3 year AA Roadside Assist as standard.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What excess's have you paid on your policy's ie mandatory £250 + any volentary?

Regards

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Yes, if you have a 3 year warreanty on the car you also get honda assist (RAC) for that same period. So there, you've saved yourself £50.

Can only imagine what they will come out with for mines! I paid £517 for my CTR, no doubt they will put the price right up at renewal too.....but I always shop around when it comes to that time....Don't think i've been with the same company more than 1 year at a time.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Esure was cheapest for me to. £580 with protected no claims etc and £150 excess.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Am I just be lucky?

Im 30, 3 years no claims, no points, no recent accidents and I got mine for £368 from Direct line (with all the trimings, eg courtesy car ....) at the begining of the month.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You guys are lucky! For some reason ive got 6 years no claims, no points etc etc and my insurance is going to be 900 smackers! never mind though. Ive got 16 days till i pick mine up!!!

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
$653.80 - Thats about £300ish...

That's with 15 years NCB...

-H

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Holy c**p!

***Edit - Hey where did that post go??? While I was replying to it it disappeared??? /Edit***
haha sorry :)

I deleted it as I accessed the thread via the front page and after I posted I noticed it was in the Type R section and I'm not getting a Type R. I decided against the Type R as the insurance on a standard civic was high enough :)

But yes, hondacare did quote me £5216 for a 1.8 ES.

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
haha sorry :)

I deleted it as I accessed the thread via the front page and after I posted I noticed it was in the Type R section and I'm not getting a Type R. I decided against the Type R as the insurance on a standard civic was high enough :)

But yes, hondacare did quote me £5216 for a 1.8 ES.
Ahh.... thought I was going bonkers for a minute there...

ON A 1.8???? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?????

... Man, I feel your pain...

-H

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Yeh, thats Zurich isn't it, and they charge more if you go via honda, than if you direct, I'll be shopping around come October/November. Anyone think Admiral any good, got a good quote last time on my Civ' but went with Tesco for the quickness.

Tom

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Yeah oddly enough I declined that offer. The cheaper quotes are around the £1k mark for me which I'm fine with given that if I wanted fully comp on the 1.2 punto I was driving it was gonna be £850ish anyway.

Yeh, thats Zurich isn't it, and they charge more if you go via honda, than if you direct, I'll be shopping around come October/November. Anyone think Admiral any good, got a good quote last time on my Civ' but went with Tesco for the quickness.

Tom
Admiral are the cheapest quote I've had too. I've no idea how good they are though. Done a bit of searching and had the usual mixed bag of good and bad reports.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Think I'll try them when I renew, my father got his range rover down from around 1500 pounds with NU (bunch of thieve, must be guild members), to around the 450 with my mum insured on it as well (and me if my father is taken ill, i.e. when out fishing or whatever, I get automatic 3rd party under the plan, bonus, if anyone out there is diabetic etc. etc.) through SAGA :)

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got mine down to £353 with Bell insurance-part of Admiral group- Me 36, wife 26 both with 5 years plus discount.Excess of £300 (bit steep).
You get 3 years hondacare assistance as Angie said, However it`s not just RAC it`s also the AA and depends who can respond to your call the fastest as to who sorts you out.(That bit is sorted out by the hondacare telephonist).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup its all good...just changed my plan....removed the Green Flag....saved £52 lol...

All smiles now... £541 :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts