2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have started to mod my fn2 but my insurance company have ditched me,just wondering if any of you have any good cover, been on the road 10yrs no claims, if you lot have any good info it would be some great help
Cheers

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Check the Insurance companies on here like Flux, Greenlight, etc - they're mostly okay with tweaked motors.

I've used Flux for years, with different cars and types of policies and they have always been competitively priced, extremely helpful and accommodating. Mod's can be added mid policy for no cost too ;) They even offer discounts if you have an approved dashcam fitted.

Good luck shipping around, I hate all the repeat questions each call #yawn. I've never found online quotes any good either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have just insured with flux, thanks for the info, am hoping it drops a bit after I've been with them as my insurance has just jumped 400 notes lol, amazing that a manifold intake and suspension adds to your insurance
And am totally with you on the ring speak repeat lol

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
The premiums tend to drop year on year.

I'm surprised your initial premium jumped so much tho. At least your mod's are covered now.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I've just been quoted £1056 with flux, 3 years no claims, and drive any car and only 24 years old... Is that good? Had few ones about £1500

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
I've just been quoted £1056 with flux, 3 years no claims, and drive any car and only 24 years old... Is that good? Had few ones about £1500
Obviously depends on postcode etc. I'm 24 2 years no claims and I paid 800 in January. ..

Is it your first year driving a performance car?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I'm just in process of looking for insurance first time I've ever modded a car. I'm 24 and was paying 35 quid a month for a standard fn2 type r now with a Exhaust and springs it's gone up to 81 quid bare in mind that's first one I came to I'm going to do some looking around I've got 5 years no claims it's crazy how a Exhaust and springs can make it go.up that much!

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
It's my second year, first year I paid £1250 including breakdown with 2 years no claims, I got few quotes off green light at £1500 then £1056 with Adrian flux. With Adrian I've got excess and drive any car 3rd party. I don't live in a rough area but still high

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Oh and I can only go with modified insurance as I have hks intake miltek n springs, if I go with a go compare website it's £2000+ without mods declared

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I normally do go compare but now I've got mods I tried and like 3 companies came up and that's it ! Just shocked on how high it can go have to do some looking around myself hopefully get it cheaper somehow. You have same mods as me makes big difference doesn't it to the quote

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Yeah it's stupid! Last year when I was getting my first quotes, I had already had the car 2 month n had it in storage while I rolled deep in my 1.2 corsa c sxi+ bad boy! I rang few places getting quotes at 1800+ my back side fell out! Was getting ready to put it on auto trader! But I rang one last one called brenacer and was told 1250 including breakdown for 2 years no claims 8k miles a year! I paid it before he even told me the terms and conditions! I was sat in the car at 11:59 waiting till 00:00 so could drive it! I didn't go sleep till 4am hahaha, but now I have 3 years no claims and 24 years old changed it to 10k miles a year Adrian flux saying £1056 which I thought isn't bad, no matter what I put on im covered long as doesn't touch the bhp, but also can drive any car any size engine at age of 24 which is good! So my dad has no excuse to lend me his range!! But more chance of plating wee!

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I've declared my springs, exhaust and intake. Not a clue mate he said 10k miles a year, all mods covered, drive any car £1056 including break down! I rang back and double checked haha the company who Adrian flux put me with is called equity red star

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Driving any car only covers you 3rd party. Is only meant for driving other cars in an emergency.

If you have an accident driving any other car, not your car that you've insured and you're found to be responsible for the accident, then under 3rd party the insurance company will only repair the other parties car and not the car you were driving. So be careful guys. Hope that makes sense. You're not covered fully comp to drive any car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I new it was third party only mate just thought you had to be over certain age or something.. I might try Adrian flux aswell thanks mate

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I got the guy to explain it to me on phone, yeah it's normally 25 but with the company in with its 24. I rang few times to check haha, I won't be just driving any other car be to scared knowing I'm not 100% covered, I tried getting my dad to give me keys for his rr sport but no chance! Worth a try tho

1 - 20 of 20 Posts