2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers hit by new insurance rip-off | Daily Mail Online

I am starting this thread to try and gather information of individual experiences and share knowledge.

It isnt really meant to be a discussion about risk profiling etc etc.

A umber of scenarios come to mind,,

You are involved in an incident in which the other party is to blame. The other partys insurers settle the claim.

You might not even have involved your insurers. You might have dealt direct with the other partys insurer. It might have been handled by an AMC or you might have settled privately with the third party and perhaps sent a notice to your insurers "for information only".

Either way, utlimately your insurer has incurred no cost. They may use the questionable argument of risk profiling etc.

It would be great if a list could be compiled of insurers who do not hike premiums in the circs detailed above.

People fear what they see as unfair hiking of premiums and it seems to me that this could lead to more "private" settlements, often due to higher risk drivers being the liable party and wanting to hide below the radar when if insurers encouraged openness and honesty, the causers of incidents would suffer hikes whilst the victims paid fairer premiums.

Input especially from those in the insurance industry would be good.

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
I absolutely detest the claims that drivers are being hit with hikes after no fault accidents. This is the lowest of the low when you are 100% blameless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts