2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Toda Japan has asked us to gather a measure of interest in a road legal (with cat) for the FN2.

If they do decide to make them, it will be some time before they become available.

Please regsiter your interest on here.

Thanks

Mark.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Count me in, would be a definite if cheaper than the Mugen!!!

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
I know about 3 FN2 owners not on this forum who would be very interested

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Hello,

Toda Japan has asked us to gather a measure of interest in a road legal (with cat) for the FN2.

If they do decide to make them, it will be some time before they become available.

Please regsiter your interest on here.

Thanks

Mark.
Mark

When you say they would not be available for some time does that mean not this year or even later???

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Is it likely to be the same design with a cat after it, or shorter primaries?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Expected gains?
I ask this because toda says:
exhaust manifold design takes into consideration not only the special characteristics of the K20Z engine but also the results of an extensive bench testing program.
By the way, people should know that, with an appropiate calibration you could pass the MOT with no problem and then came back to the racing calibration. This is a fact.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
A car will not pass a UK MOT test without a cat unless the test equipment is out of calibration!
Emission levels are tighter on more modern cars than they used to be 10 years ago.

When tested the exhaust analyser is looking at 2 things. Hydrocarbons and CO2 and they both have to be within their own limits. If you lean the engine out enough to get within the hydrocarbon pass level the CO2 level rises and fails... And vice versa.

If your car does pass then you are lucky and it's down to un calibrated test equipment.

Can't comment on other countries but that's how it is in the UK. I have spent a day at a test station already trying this.

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
I would be interested.

·
Registered
492 Posts
interested :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
interested!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Expected gains?.
At this stage they are only considering offering this solution so I guess theres little point in speculating about the outcome.

By the way, people should know that, with an appropiate calibration you could pass the MOT with no problem and then came back to the racing calibration. This is a fact
Unfortunately this isn't a fact for the UK. Quite the opposite in fact :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts