2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I think my question would be helpful to all aussies here in OZ;) I just bought a 2012 vti-l civic , I saw you amazing product intergrated with the civic dash mini screen, ( theres always a genius out there solving the impossible!!;))

**I saw it listed as 40 pounds which is $75 AUD how much would it be with postage?

** Regarding installation , I heard most Honda dealers/services centers pass it on to auto electricians. Of course every product has its own way of working, Ive seen lots of wired/wireless rv cam setups is it similar or Is your product something we can setup ourselves ( I think I saw a navigation switch through the screen as well) perhaps it may require a software or something. could you pls be more specific about the product and installation. you could send me info on [email protected]. *****

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Who is your question aimed at?

AFIK the are no iMID (Small Screen) video in products available yet for the 2012+ 9g Civic.

There are no know software hacks for the iMID, but it does have a video input which is even there on models not spec'd with a factory reverse camera.

I have an EX-GT spec, so the reverse camera displays on the Navigation screen and not on the iMID like it does on the non-navigation versions. So mine had the socket free, so I acquired the correct pins, connected them to a video cable and now I can feed video directly into the iMID :)

See here.... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/102358-side-camera-dash-camera-mid-video.html

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Who is your question aimed at?

AFIK the are no iMID (Small Screen) video in products available yet for the 2012+ 9g Civic.

There are no know software hacks for the iMID, but it does have a video input which is even there on models not spec'd with a factory reverse camera.

I have an EX-GT spec, so the reverse camera displays on the Navigation screen and not on the iMID like it does on the non-navigation versions. So mine had the socket free, so I acquired the correct pins, connected them to a video cable and now I can feed video directly into the iMID :)

See here.... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/102358-side-camera-dash-camera-mid-video.html
That's awesome!...Giggity.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Cox motor parts UK previously sold the factory reverse camera kit. Camera is now standard on all MY2013 (for Australia). Worked out around about $700 AU not including shipping. Definitely not worth it. Better to go aftermarket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts