2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experiencing a substantial amount of condensation on all windows internally, and even on the temperature, fuel gauge and speedo plastic?

No carpet areas appear damp at all.

It seems to take a long time to clear with the demister on the windscreen. I mention this as compared to my 8G; which was rarely ever like this and had it from virtually new too.

·
Super Moderator
2,223 Posts
ive had a slight frozen inner front windscreen a couple of times on colder mornings but no dampness anywhere
don't take too long to clear though

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was suffering with condensation inside my fn2 until I bought two 1kg demister bags. They are a bag full of silica gel, there's a spot that changes colour when they need drying out. I leave one on the parcel shelf and one on the front dash and I now don't have to dry the windscreen and wait for the heaters to clear it. Well worth £10 from fleabay

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
How many miles a day do you do ?

Whilst the AC is good at drying out the air, it does take a good 10+ miles in a single journey to have any effect if you do have a moisture issue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Humidity has been higher this past week so it's probably just that. My 8G windows have been fogging up over the last few days too. I don't use a demister though; I just run the AC full blast focusing on the windshield for a few minutes and it's clear.

If it happens all the time, you could try an anti-condensation spray on the windows. Just go very light with them or they can make vision a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Try not to use the air-con as much for a few days and see if it improves as this could be a contributing factor to misting, this is down to ice forming within the air-con unit itself, after shut off the ice melts and evaporates up through the air vents causing the screen condensation to form. This could also mean that the water drain pipe from the heater unit has an obstruction causing water not to drain properly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was suffering with condensation inside my fn2 until I bought two 1kg demister bags. They are a bag full of silica gel, there's a spot that changes colour when they need drying out. I leave one on the parcel shelf and one on the front dash and I now don't have to dry the windscreen and wait for the heaters to clear it. Well worth £10 from fleabay
This. I use the little tiny bags of silica gel which you get in boxes of new shoes etc. Put in a few places around the car works wonders

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay I had a look at the pollen filter at the weekend, and other than a few bits of grass and sycamore seeds it was clean.

This morning I get in the car and find condensation on the windscreen and on the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster in my view surely is not normal? The condensation is on the outside of the cluster at least and not trapped inside.

It did clear after around 10 minutes of driving with the demister (front and back being active), but again in my previous Civic's this clears far quicker and have never had it on the instrument cluster.

I take the 'workaround' of silica gel or dehumidifying devices may help but I've never had to use them before and this is virtually a new car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Farqui - yes to having the A/C on.

Kremmen - I typically do 15-40 miles on weekdays.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The air con in the 10g isn't as good as my 8g was either. Mine mists up really easy too and takes way longer to clear.

I've also noticed I have to change temps around more to get it the temp I want. On warm mornings it blows out warm air unless I put it right down to 17 or sometimes as low as it goes. In the 8g I could pretty much leave it on 21 most of the time. If I put the 10g on 21 its always too hot.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
The climate control will run hot when set on 21 degrees however when the cabin temperature reaches 21 degrees the climate will cool/warm to maintain a temp of 21 degrees. The reason it runs warm most of the time could be that you are not in the car long enough for the whole cabin to reach the required temperature you have selected.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing a substantial amount of condensation on all windows internally, and even on the temperature, fuel gauge and speedo plastic?

No carpet areas appear damp at all.

It seems to take a long time to clear with the demister on the windscreen. I mention this as compared to my 8G; which was rarely ever like this and had it from virtually new too.
Stoo" should try using A/c with recirc switched on always clears quicker.make sure cabin filter is clean ,should be changed @ 24,000
Xmanciv

1 - 20 of 24 Posts