2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there not a way to make the interior lights turn off automatically when the car is locked?
My daughter keeps turning the interior light on without us noticing (daylight). She's too young to be told otherwise. Surely this should be default? It was on my last two cars.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
I'm not sure I fully understand, usually switch one way for off, one for on, and leave level (switch flat) for on when doors open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's right. But if the switch is left on then the light stays on, even after the car is locked. Which means the battery could go flat. Surely there must be a setting (or a mod) to make the lights turn off when the car is locked, irrespective of what the switch says.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
A little reminder note on the dash to check the light switch position upon leaving.. cheap and easy to install. Easy :)

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Gotta love a mischievous ankle biter

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
The courtesy lamp has 2 positions with the switch.

DOOR-OFF

And then there are 2 switches for each side to turn that side on for reading something when parked

If the switches on the side are in the on position they will be on all the time, even if the center switch is in the OFF position.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Just an assumption but I would think the OP means the rear courtesy light not the front. And he already knows that when they are on it stays on because he said that!!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I am guessing here but I think he is referring to the system on VAG group cars whereby if an interior light is left on by pressing the button (regardless of door switch position) and the car is locked, the Central Convenience Unit turn them off after about 20 minutes to prevent you coming back to a flat battery.

As far as I know there is no way to enable such a function on a Civic...

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
My old mondeo had that as well. Automatically turned off after about 10 - 15 minutes. If it is the rear light, remove the bulb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts