2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a 2013 1.8 Petrol EX. There's one thing which I can't figure out and I've not found the answer in the manual or via google:

When I open the doors, the interior lights don't come on. They work fine if I press the buttons. Apparently there's a switch of some sort that's meant to be between the top lights, but there's nothing there in my car.

I read that the EX had something different and the lights that shone weren't the main ones, but they were enough to see - my problem is no lights come on at all, and I can't find a switch that will do anything!

Anyone have a picture or video showing me where I should be looking and what lights I should be expecting?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not sure how different the 2013 EX is to me 2015 SE Plus but the front lights don't come on in mine, only the light in the middle of the car (for the back seats) - Bit annoying but you soon get used to it. Fully recommend getting an LED bulb for that light fitting, changes quite a bit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure how different the 2013 EX is to me 2015 SE Plus but the front lights don't come on in mine, only the light in the middle of the car (for the back seats) - Bit annoying but you soon get used to it. Fully recommend getting an LED bulb for that light fitting, changes quite a bit
Where can you buy these?

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
My front roof lights can also be isolated so as not to light when doors opened. Push button not a slider. Can't understand why yours doesn't have this function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
The position of the interior light that comes on with the doors opening is different if you have glass roof or not. Both have a slide switch that can turn off, permanently on or for door operation. Otherwise the front lights in the roof console are “map reading” lights and only function by their individual push switches.

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
Having re read the original post I think I now understand the intended query.

Whilst the centre light is covered in the posts above the map lights aren't.

The 8G used to trigger all lights when the door opened, centre and map lights.

The 9G only triggers the centre light, which I think is a backwards step. It's the front of the cabin that needs illuminating, not the back of my head.

A: The front 2 map lights are manual only via the 'push' feature.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Point 1: The slider is 'right in your face' :

View attachment 289418

and I went with a nice shade of blue LED:

View attachment 289420
Thanks so much for this picture. I'm completely blind and hadn't even noticed this light above my head. Flicked the switch and it's all working perfectly now. No idea how I missed it!

As for your other post: I was hoping the 2 manual lights would also be turned on as part of this, but when I posted I was opening the car to darkness so this is an improvement either way :D

Thanks for all the other replies too!

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts

So I take it you don't have a front light arrangement like this with a switch to isolate front lights or have them come on when doors open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same on my wife's 2018 1.4 petrol , there is no slider panel to switch internal lights on or off, just to push to operate map lights, the manual is no help at all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts