2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Interior silver trim

8K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  I-VTEC 2012 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for a silver trim strip that goes above the glove box, I can't find any on eBay or anything expect ones with red in in for the new R anyone know anyone who replicas then or know where I can get one?

Cheers!

#7 ·
Yep some reason I cant post a link on my phone but I've emailed you a link to it for £30. The link shows the type R version with the red but if you email the seller
. Perth honda.. And ask for a silver trimm instead they send you that, recieved it in a few days brilliant service. To be fair though it's not far from me so it may take longer to get to anywhere outside of Scotland.

#8 ·
Yep some reason I cant post a link on my phone but I've emailed you a link to it for £30. The link shows the type R version with the red but if you email the seller
. Perth honda.. And ask for a silver trimm instead they send you that, recieved it in a few days brilliant service. To be fair though it's not far from me so it may take longer to get to anywhere outside of Scotland.
It must be some special deal or a used/removed part, as the retail price for a new one is £120 inc VAT.

#19 ·
Got one from Perth Honda but haven't got around to fitting ,how easy or what's the procedure looks like four clips but there is a hole in the middle that looks like a mount for a screw possibly,if you could let me know how to fit,thanks
Hi,

Can you tell me if there was 4 clips or any additional screws on refitting the dash trim under the glovebox please, many thanks in advance

#21 ·
Thanks for your response,

I got the Civic type R red trim today and found that in removing the old trim there is a screw securing the centre (through the H shaped glove box clasp) that has to be undone and then reused with the replacement.
I am delighted with the fit and colour of the new trim as it appears to be the same colour as the car ?......Passion Red, perfect match and not bad for £27!!

#25 ·
heads up for those still looking for a type R red one, RHD...Go here. I did, bargain and OEM, Not replica.
77260TV8E01ZA GARNISH ASSY., PASSENGER | Honda Car Parts | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda Parts Search

Fitted to mine:
That looks great, especially in the blue:- I'm tempted now.

How difficult was that to fit; does it just pull off & push on etc, or is there extensive deconstruction? I'm a coward about ripping the interior apart, lest I leave nasty scratches etc :p

#26 ·
It just pulls off...mostly, there is a screw in the middle that unscrews from the inside of the glove box, you'll need a stubby screwdriver for it...or, you can get brave and just pull the trim off of that clip. It's a bit fiddly towards the centre console but nothing you won't work out. All in, it's a 5 minute job to swap it over.

However, should you decide to change the red for some other colour, there are about 4 clips and 4 screws that separate the whole piece into 3. So you'll end up with the red bit, the 'carbon' bit and then the base. Makes wrapping the red bit easy! nice quick mod :)

#31 ·
It just pulls off...mostly, there is a screw in the middle that unscrews from the inside of the glove box, you'll need a stubby screwdriver for it...or, you can get brave and just pull the trim off of that clip. It's a bit fiddly towards the centre console but nothing you won't work out. All in, it's a 5 minute job to swap it over.

However, should you decide to change the red for some other colour, there are about 4 clips and 4 screws that separate the whole piece into 3. So you'll end up with the red bit, the 'carbon' bit and then the base. Makes wrapping the red bit easy! nice quick mod :)

Does it require removing the centre radio/Navi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.