2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 FN2
Check system light has just randomly started coming on and off.
My two front brake calipers are on their way out - they bind on etc and slow the car down...
I'm just about to buy new ones.

I've noticed the light comes on if I brake hard and drive the car quick
Any ideas what the light could be? I'll get it checked aswell....
The light goes off by itself after a while

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
have you checked the fluid level
before buying espensive calipers try remooving them from there mountings clean the pistons up then push the pistons back in and pump out almost till there limit clean again then push back in
but more often they start to stick because the sliders where they mount on dont get cleaned when people are changing pads
remove mounting pins that the bolts go through clean up and replace them after coating with some sort of antie sieze compund or copper grease
also some times calippers can seam to be sticking but its actually the flexi brake hose starting to breack down and collapsing not allowing the fluid to return and release pressure

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had brand new pistons put in them already and it didn't make much difference. In terms of the sliders I cant say if they've been cleaned or not....

could the brakes ever throw up the check system light?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sliders have been cleaned & greased...had new fluid put in aswell and still seems to be the same. Car is fine but then the more and harder that I brake the worse the car seems to get in terms of performance, acceleration and overall feel. Plus I can hear something scraping from the passengers side...as though its metal on metal as the wheel spins (think it might be part of the pad thats worn down scraping off the disc at a specific point as the noise interval coincides with the spped im going.......
I'm getting it looked at in a couple of days for one final look to see if theres anything else I can do before getting new calipers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts