2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and again the dash lights and sat nav screen go dark from the brightest setting that I had it set to.

This happens and then I have to reset the brightness back to how I had it before and then it might be fine for a long time.

Any ideas?

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Every now and again the dash lights and sat nav screen go dark from the brightest setting that I had it set to.

This happens and then I have to reset the brightness back to how I had it before and then it might be fine for a long time.

Any ideas?
Mine does it aswell... driving along the other day the dash lights went totally dim and I had to turn them up.... but it only does it twice a month or so ... reported it to dealer as warranth runs out monday....

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Is it not your auto lights coming on and the dash lights going to their "night" brightness levels?

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Is it not your auto lights coming on and the dash lights going to their "night" brightness levels?
i dont think my dash light dim when lights come on.....should they??:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
i dont think my dash light dim when lights come on.....should they??:confused:
Your dash lights have two brightness settings, one for the lights on and one for the lights off.

If you have your lights on settings lower than your lights off settings, your dash will go dim if your lights come on.

Might not be it, but worth checking whether it is that that's happening.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your dash lights have two brightness settings, one for the lights on and one for the lights off.

If you have your lights on settings lower than your lights off settings, your dash will go dim if your lights come on.

Hmmm didnt think it did this, but will check my manual tommorow.

I just thought you set the brightness level to whatever you want and it stayed there.

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts

Any ideas?
Have you tried resetting the dash lights to the maximum settings "after switching on your headlights and sat nav system"?#

Me thinks this would solve the issue

Regards
M

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts

thanks Loxy, didnt realise it had 2 settings mine are on full .... when lights on and off so i didnt relise there could be adifference somthing more to play with.... might start a thresd called ... what was the last thing you found out about you car that you didnt know it did?? interesting:popcorn:

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts

well i've learned something new today :) cheers mate !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts