2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

My offside dipped headlight keeps going off at random. It wasn't working today so I took the bulb out to check the type (so I could get a new one) put it back in in the meantime and suddenly it's working again.

Do xenon lights fail intermittently when they start to go or could this be something else?

The bulb is a Xenon D2R.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have thought of that but they are an absolute nightmare to access. Have to disconnect the coolant tank to access the drivers side bulb and think I'd need to move the battery to access the other side, which I wouldnt mind doing but I'm scared of losing radio codes etc if I have to disconnect the battery....

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Thanks, I have thought of that but they are an absolute nightmare to access. Have to disconnect the coolant tank to access the drivers side bulb and think I'd need to move the battery to access the other side, which I wouldnt mind doing but I'm scared of losing radio codes etc if I have to disconnect the battery....
I've never had to input a radio code on my OEM radio after the many times I've disconnected the battery if that helps. I think you'd only have to re-memorise your fave stations

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Fro the tight space you describe I'm guessing it's the 2.2? You don't need to remove the battery if you can squeeze your hand in there, as there is just enough space.
In fact I think you might be able to just get away with loosening the clamp and shifting it out of the way a bit rather that disconnecting it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.