2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

As of late my parking sensors have been to be working on very odd occasions. Sometimes they fancy working, sometimes there's just a long tone when I reverse, and even sometimes, when reversing and it works, and then all of a sudden, theres a long constant beep. A quick tap sometimes seems to get the sensors working again but now all has failed and all i am getting it a long single tone when I reverse.

Does anyone know how much honda charge per sensor? and is it possible to get the sensors else where (i.e. ebay) as I have seen a few who match after market sensors based off the Honda OE number. Before I bust my wallet with Honda, is there any way of finding out which sensor is actually messed up?

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
To find out which one turn ignition on so dash board lights up but don't start the car.
Then put the car in reverse.
Then simply stand at rear of car and lean over and pass your hand over each sensor in turn to see if they all beep the same way when you hands the same distance from the car.
Also check for cracks in the outer coating of the sensors themselves as water ingress can give false readings.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts