2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Frood Dood
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally when accelerating I get a slight rev drop back between 2 and 2.5k revs before continuing to climb ... any suggestions?
(Apologies if not explained well!)

Did mention it to my dealer when last in for work but as it is intermittent they said that they would have to see it properly to diagnose

Surely someone else has experienced this and can point me in the right direction please?

:confused:

Cheers

K

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Get it up a hill in 5th and 2k revs and floor it. It will do it every time up a hill

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Mine doesnt, it has probably slipped between 10 and 20 times since I owned it. And I cant get it to do it on command.
I gave it the beans up hill this morning cos an Audi was up my behind it didnt do it. Its not done it for months now.
Thats why I am in no rush to get a paddle clutch until I have saved up. The map keeps calling but reckon that will probably cause the slip more often.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Occasionally when accelerating I get a slight rev drop back between 2 and 2.5k revs before continuing to climb ... any suggestions?
(Apologies if not explained well!)

Did mention it to my dealer when last in for work but as it is intermittent they said that they would have to see it properly to diagnose

Surely someone else has experienced this and can point me in the right direction please?

:confused:

Cheers

K
If the clutch is slipping the revs will increase without continued acceleration of the car. They will then drop back and acceleration will continue. The typical symptom is revs climbing steadily until around 2k rpm when the rpm will jump to 2.5-3k and then fall back to just above 2k and continue climbing steadily. If you listen carefully at the point the revs change you will hear the engine revving more freely and then being lugged back down as the clutch takes up drive again.

It does sound like your clutch is slipping but just wanted to check whether you notice the rpm rise rapidly before they drop off before condemning the clutch. In my previous Ctdi the clutch slipped on and off for 20k miles and couldn't be reliably reproduced even towing trailers around the highlands of Scotland.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Your clutch is slipping. End of story.

You can drive around with it as is for 20000+ miles if your careful and don't mind risking life and limb on overtakes and using your 140bhp car like it was a 70bhp puddle jumper.

Alternatively, get it fixed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts