2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Tourer and I'm getting random SRS fail lights. They'll often go away after a restart. The frequency that it's happening seems to be increasing.

I put my Carly diagnostic reader on and got three Airbag control module error codes. All three are listed as Generic Communications faults. They are X0002, X0010 & X0140.

I can't find a description of these codes. Can anyone help?

· Registered
277 Posts
@MikeRob
I personally have not come across “X” fault code format on any Honda motor, normally the ISO standard is, P, C, B and U so it may pay you to get a double check on the fault codes with another scanner / code reader to see what fault codes come up.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if I've stumbled on an answer for this. I think the codes are a red herring.

I had a vague memory of someone somewhere saying that a dying battery could cause this. I've not had any problems with the battery but used the battery test on Carly and it came back with a warning that the battery was failing and I should replace it. I haven't done this yet, but I did put the battery on charge and so far no SRS light after 3 days.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
on modern cars airbag faults are often connected to poor connections under the seats
they dont like moving back and forth
mainly vag cars
but as said poor battery can play havoc with warning lights on the civic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts