2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

First post so here after much time lurking, unfortunately its a bug-bear so here goes!

2 days after its Honda Approved warranty my passenger side LED wing mirror repeater has suddenly become largely broken...
The majority of the time the LEDs will only faintly flash when indicators/hazards/locks are enabled whereas there have been times that its worked perfectly since the time I first noticed it going wrong.

A new LED repeater unit is £45 and I don't really want to replace it if it can be helped. Incidentally my dad has the same issue with his FN2. Is this a common issue?

Thanks for any reponses!

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Check the contacts? Maybe they are loose or slightly corroded...

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
I had this on mine too - unfortunately it's an indication (no pun intended) that the LED unit is failing. Needs replacing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
As above duff unit, awful design by Honda that a bulb can't be simply replaced costing around 50p, silly design. There is a 'how to' on the forum as regards replacing the led's but it's a lot of messing about so pop the glass off then long nose pliers to release the pod, unscrew the unit and replace and reassemble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts