2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set of blues interior bulbs, when I took the vanity one out and replaced with the new it seemed ok but was not sitting quite straight so I took it out but when I pushed it back in all the other lights went out, i guess I blew a fuse. I have checked the manual and pulled various fuses but they all seem ok, what is confusing me is the vanity lights seems to be on a different circuit to the rear internal or boot light but none of these work. The glovebox light works. Everything else seems ok such as lights, windows etc, is there a "main" fuse I need to locate. I am new to all of this as I normally drive a fully maintained company car, any help appreciated guys.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All fuses seemed ok, popped into dealer, they traced it to an under bonnet fuse. Replaced this but had 4 blown (new) blue bulbs, replaced them with standard oem ones and all is well.
Surprised not to have had any replies as I am sure I am not the first this has happened to, glad it is now sorted though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had similiar issue, replaced the interior lights (above centre console) with red ones from the usual guy on here. 3 went within a week so thought it was a fuse but all seemed ok. Replaced them with the oems and all fine now. Just bad quality bulbs in my case im thinking. Needless to say i didnt buy any more !!

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sticking with the standard bulbs, got a note from seller to say they are all tested prior to posting and I did not need to have it checked over but I wanted to be safe than sorry, dealer sorted blown fuse, it was in the engine bay, replaced all bulbs and all is well.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
same me , i was lazy and pulling and inserting bulbs in without turning off the dome light as i was wiggling it the contacts must have became slightly bent i saw a spark and the dome light wouldnt turn back on , luckily for me it was just a 7.5a fuse in engine bay onlyu needed replacing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here I was being lazy didnt switch off the interior lights while changing the bulbs over to bright white smds. popped open bonnet to check the fuse for the interior lights,it had popped :( just replaced it for a new 7.5 fuse simples,all bright again :)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Had a problem with the interior lights whilst fitting footwell LEDs. The roof light needed the 7.5A under bonnet fuse replacing (no.14 IIRC) and later the glovebox light went along with all the stereo & dash button illumination. This second fuse was also no.14, but from the interior fusebox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.