2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm looking for a bit of help from anyone who knows their way around the civic heating system and lives in London area.

Problem is that despite the car working fine and getting up to temperature in normal time etc. The heater never really gets hot. After about 15 minutes it will get warm but only mildly and it doesn't matter what temp the climate control is set to. Up until that 15 minute mark it feels like the AC is on max cold.

I'm willing to pay a technical minded person to sort this and I can acquire any replacement parts as well so just looking at labour.

Please PM me if you think you can help. Honda wanted 140 just to investigate and then would want to charge parts and labour on top. That's too much for a 10 yo car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have 1.8l petrol I-shift. I've seen the links on here but I'm a plum when it comes to this stuff so need someone knowledgeable to look and fix.
Driving conditions are city driving in London usually on 30mph roads and everything else in car is fine apart from the cold blowing out the vents.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Petrol car should warm up quickly, even in slow traffic.

Either your heat exchanger is having significant issues, or your coolant is low, or you have it set wrongly on the controls.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
This happened to my r, turned out it was coolant level low and their was air trapped in the system. Topped up coolant and flushed air out,good as new after this

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what type of coolant do I use? How do I top it up and how do I flush the air? I am a bit if a dummy st this stuff

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Honda fluid does fine. When bleeding the coolant system remove the radiator cap and run the engine which will circulate the coolant and remove any air. Top up coolant first and also give the engine some revs not too much between 0 to 1000 should be fine. It's a good idea to put some rags around the coolant fill hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts