• No I don't think it will stop people scamming

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title suggests. Done it on other forums and it ensures the product is really with the seller

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
totally agree with this following the debacle that was the flashpro for sale thread

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
With stoney, name and date, should be a must. We need to protect ourselves, the flashpro thread and the previous mugen box thread were a shambles.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I agree, a piece of paper with name and date on in the phot with the item. Very little hassle for the seller but gives reassurance for buyers.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Is this really Needed? A lot of sellers are long standing members with a lot of posts so I am not so sure what difference this will make. Maybe a good idea for new members with less than 100 posts or for items over say £50 but long standing active members are not here to scam you.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Just read the flash pro thread but if he still wanted to scam the extra info would not be hard to still scam you.
The assumption is that he never had one in the first place hence he couldn't produce a suitable picture with user name and date.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Is this really Needed? A lot of sellers are long standing members with a lot of posts so I am not so sure what difference this will make. Maybe a good idea for new members with less than 100 posts or for items over say £50 but long standing active members are not here to scam you.
I'm sorry but there shouldn't be any conditions attached to this Rick.

How hard a task is it for ALL sellers, regardless of time spent of forum, to write their name on a piece of paper to help make the forum a safer environment to trade in.

If somebody wants to scam, they will. This is all about making it that little bit harder.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
If you have nothing to hide you won't mind this rule .

One rule for all .

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
The assumption is that he never had one in the first place hence he couldn't produce a suitable picture with user name and date.
But he could if clever with photo shop etc or print a photo add the paper and take a photo of this. Sorry but can look very good and very easy to do just like the unlocked image he shown you.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I really feel sorry for you Trev but to be honest alarm bells or suspicion was already there for me due to posts, location and price. If I was parting with £400 on trust it would need to be a member I trust or cash on collection etc or though eBay as this gives excellent buyer protection.

Edited for security reasons and sure trev will agree now he has a pm

1 - 20 of 97 Posts