2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a quick introduction from me. My name is Fraggle (really Stuart) I am the owner of a nice shiny new 2012 2.2i-dtec in pearl black. I am 36, and just a little miffed already about the issues with the new gen 9 civic (but I will come to those later on)

I hope to take an active part in some of the discussions on here (when time allows)

Hope to speak to some of you soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing major in terms of issues really. its the EX-GT model that I have, and overall I am very pleased............But the issues I have are outlined below.

1: Bluetooth within the ICE system worked for three days, and now no longer connects to any device at all. try deleting original device, and the entire system locks up, and can only be reset by switching off the ignition. Honda initially claimed that my phone was causing the issues,,,,,until 3 of their technicians tried pairing up, only to find that they couldnt. Honda claim it will require a whole new head unit.
2: Subwoofer in the boot has no output!!! Again, honda claim it was the way I had set up the system. Not sure how this could be the case.
3: Hill start asisst whilst in ECO mode. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it dont. Yet again, Honda blaming the driver for not knowing how to use the stop start technology properly. Seems a little odd to me given how easy the system is. put it in Neutral, and take yer foot off the clutch. Engine dies :). Put foot on the clutch, and engage 1st, engine starts, and brakes are supposed to be applied to stop rolling....... but this only happens 10% of the time........

Its a real shame, as the car is only 11 days old. And what has happened to Honda dealers treating their customers like they are a little on the dim side???

·
Registered
607 Posts
3: Hill start asisst whilst in ECO mode. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it dont. Yet again, Honda blaming the driver for not knowing how to use the stop start technology properly. Seems a little odd to me given how easy the system is. put it in Neutral, and take yer foot off the clutch. Engine dies :). Put foot on the clutch, and engage 1st, engine starts, and brakes are supposed to be applied to stop rolling....... but this only happens 10% of the time........
I have a New Focus with Hill Start Assist and this took a little getting used to at first. I find that if you stop on a hill by braking and then immediately release the brake pedal the car will roll as if the system is not working. However if you hold your foot on the brake for a few seconds or what I do, pump the brake pedal it will suddenly feel solid. Then if you release the pedal the car will hold for around 2-3 secs allowing you to set off again.
Also don't know if the Civic is the same but Hill Start only holds if you are facing uphill in a forward gear or downhill in reverse. I presume it is a third party technology used by different car manufacturers.
Hope this helps !!

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Forum :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts