2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am the new owner of a UK 12 plate 9th Gen EX GT.

I have a subwoofer and have figured out I have an amp. I am keen to make the stereo more refined. I do not need it to be overly loud, but want to have the option of decent volume music. I am planning to change the speakers so get that i should probably also change the amp.

I am keen on making the changes with minimal evidence of this, so am looking at a JL HX280/4 for the speakers and HX300/1 for the sub.

First question. Is my amp the thing in the photo on the outside of the driver's footwell, just behind the fusebox?

Second question. Will any decent 8" sub fit in the enclosure Honda provide?
Third question. How on earth do you get that trim off? I have managed the hatchback door and most of the dashboard, but not the bloomin' sub!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D'oh! Sorry on both counts.

I was wondering why I could not find an "Add Photo button". Attributed it to my mobile.

I'll cross-post.

On the plus side, I spent two hours messing about with the back ana managed to get to the sub (having sacrificed a few of the rivety poppers in the process). It transpires the 8" sub is screwed in from the back and can take 11cm depth without any surgery and 14cm if I do a bit of cutting and gluing of the back...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just been changing the speakers. The woofers in the front and rear comfortably take Alpine 6.5" speakers with the adapters that come in the box. You will have to drill some holes in the door though. Also, you will need to join up the wires, or get adapters. I got the E-bay ones named "PC2-818 HONDA ACCORD CIVIC EP2 EP3 SPEAKER ADAPTOR" and they slotted in perfectly. I have not yet attempted the tweeters. If you have the original sub in the boot, it is a real pain to get to. I spent two hours figuring out how to dismantle the trim, just so I could measure the thing - 8" diameter, 11cm depth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Invisible sub and speakers upgrade

Hi guys,

I am the new owner of a UK 12 plate 9th Gen EX GT.

I have a subwoofer and have figured out I have an amp. I am keen to make the stereo more refined. I do not need it to be overly loud, but want to have the option of decent volume music. I am planning to change the speakers so get that i should probably also change the amp.

I am keen on making the changes with minimal evidence of this, so am looking at a JL HX280/4 for the speakers and HX300/1 for the sub.

First question. Is my amp the thing in the photo on the outside of the driver's footwell, just behind the fusebox, with the strange connectors?

Or is it the Panasonic thing in the same location in the Passenger footwell, behind the "mini fusebox"

Second question. Will any decent 8" sub (under £200) fit in the enclosure Honda provide?
I seem to have an easy 11cm of depth, with up to 14cm, if I embark on a bit of enclosure surgery. I was surprised at quite how much of the boot and rear seat trim I had to take apart to get at the thing, so while I have it out, I plan to have a good go at making it better.

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts