2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I've had a pm from Evostu over on CTRO talking about pooling resources. It says they have been in contact with other forum affiliates who all seem to have about the same amount of numbers going.
I think what the aim is is to have a massive stand with around 50-60 Civics on it, but I have pm'd Stu back asking what he has in mind.

So, what do people think? Would you like to pool resources with CTRO and possibly others?

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's more than a weekend show. It's the biggest Jap show in the UK.

Will be a fantastic weekend. Type-R-Owners are going to be there, but we've already had a fantastic response to this with record attendees for our club, so no room in the inn for us I'm afraid.

Everyone will have a fantastic time regardless of whether you amalgamate your stands or not. The plus side with having a big stand is you should be able to spread the cost better between the two clubs. The downside is you won't have quite as much freedom to do what you want.

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we have paid for our own stand and have plenty of people coming of our own but this offer came from the owner of CTRO

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Whatever is best for us really. If we're all paid up and sorted, then maybe we don't need to. Call me sceptical but every time anyone has offered to pool resources with me over anything, it's always because they want something from me lol.

Though I am an eternal cynic, and like I said, whatever is best for civinfo.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey guys, nothing suspicious in it at all. :eek:

Its simply pulling our resources together and getting a huge Honda presence together. TRO already use this as their biggest show of the year and so far have a decent enough presence there whilst we've covered both Japfest and we'll be covering JAE as well as always.

As both CTRO and Civinfo are affiliates we thought it would be great to get some more interactivity going on this front.

As someone said, the more the merrier. :cool:

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
We're affiliates? I thought we were natural enemies? lol Rival sites and all that.

If we do pool our resources, we still have to have a CTRO vs Civinfo pillowfight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TRO already use this as their biggest show of the year and so far have a decent enough presence.
I wouldn't say JAE is our biggest show Stu. We also have a sizeable presence at Japfest in conjunction with HOT and ATR.org. In fact the turnout at Combe in May equals out stand at JAE. But that's besides the point. ;)

What I will say is if you intend on collaborating the clubs together, you better sort something out quickly as I know the JAE organisers have already allocated stands and finding somewhere big enough to take both clubs might be a tall measure. The last thing you want is to be stuck in the arse end of nowhere as it will be the end fields that will only have the space left now. If both clubs have already made arrangements for JAE, it might be a bit of a gamble throwing it all up in the air to sort something new out now. Without meaning to sound rude, it looks like a bit of an after thought as JAE, in reality, isn't that far away.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
That's a pretty good point. Ed, do we know where we're going to be yet?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wouldn't say JAE is our biggest show Stu. We also have a sizeable presence at Japfest in conjunction with HOT and ATR.org. In fact the turnout at Combe in May equals out stand at JAE. But that's besides the point. ;)

What I will say is if you intend on collaborating the clubs together, you better sort something out quickly as I know the JAE organisers have already allocated stands and finding somewhere big enough to take both clubs might be a tall measure. The last thing you want is to be stuck in the arse end of nowhere as it will be the end fields that will only have the space left now. If both clubs have already made arrangements for JAE, it might be a bit of a gamble throwing it all up in the air to sort something new out now. Without meaning to sound rude, it looks like a bit of an after thought as JAE, in reality, isn't that far away.
Thanks for your concerns Jermal [smilie=umm2.gif] but it wasn't an afterthought.

Cheers to the Civinfo guys for taking this on board. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jermal, No afterthought, just want to maximize the stand we have

Take up has been slow on Ctro this year and we just don't want to have the site we have going to waste if there are members from any other Honda forums unable to attend, due to lack of space on their respective stands.

As said before more the merrier, its a great weekend and we want as many people as possible to experience it.

(Without trying to sound like an Oscar acceptance speech!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fair enough boys. it's just easy to get all excited planning these things and forget about problems like expanding your pitch size etc.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be rude. Posted late last night and couldn't get the wording right. Everyone will have hoot regardless and even if everyone is on different stands, there's nothing to stop people mingling with other stands. That's half the beauty of JAE.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Think thats a good idea..ive done it on a few local shows..just keeps everything fair etc :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts