2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, well I've searched, and I can't find anything to help me with my query, so here goes...

When making calls that I haven't entered into the HFT Phone book yet, is there a specific procedure I need to follow?

At the moment, I use the phone to initiate the call, select Honda HFT from the phone audio sources, which it stays on for a second, then as soon as the call connects, the source changes back to the phone, the options disappear, I have to then locate them again, and hit Honda HFT again...

Whilst trying to do this last night, I hit the 'Show Keypad' option on the phone, and couldn't get off it to re-select Honda HFT so the person I was calling just hung up :( I got there in the end, but surely there's got to be an easier way of doing it which doesn't involve always having to store the phone in the HFT system first?

Thank you in advance for any help :D :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
At the moment, I use the phone to initiate the call, select Honda HFT from the phone audio sources, which it stays on for a second, then as soon as the call connects, the source changes back to the phone, the options disappear, I have to then locate them again, and hit Honda HFT again...
:
mines like this or with my other samsung phone . if the phone has not gone into standby it will still use the phones internal speaker ,. so i just press the off button on the iphone to force it into standby and then it will fully transfer over to to the honda hft when next call comes in /next outgoing call

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
If I REALLY need to make a call in the car ( usually I call work on my way in) I make it's the last number dialled and use the "redial" command. Other than that the options are to speak the number to dial. Or you could start adding the numbers you use regularly to the cars Phonebook. It's time consuming and people WILL stare at you doing it.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
If I REALLY need to make a call in the car ( usually I call work on my way in) I make it's the last number dialled and use the "redial" command.
me too

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Yep the HFT in the car is pretty useless, surely someone can mod the NAV dvd, or a way of loading a cd into the hft system

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lovely job. Thanks folks! I shall do the "Redial" method I think!!

I was stuck in a traffic jam this evening, and started adding in my most dialled numbers, luckily it was dark and no-one saw me talking to the car :D :D

Thanks again all, at least it saves me trying to find another way round it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts