2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
Spent a few hours reading lots of threads on here over the past few day's regarding ipod and EX. As I understand the ipod can be connected to the EX/Sat Nav using a Dension Icelink plus (Honda "B") with the honda Y cable from Honda. I have 2 Questions.

1. Has anyone found out if the Iphone is compatible with the above?
2. Have they made a connector that will work with the iphone and how will the functionality work with the iphone. ie what happens when some calls you when it is plugged into the head unit?

Many Thanks
Simon.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Connects2 is just an aux in.

So if you can output from the iphone to a 3.5mm jack you should be able play mp3s from it.

But it will not have any smart functionallity with the phone.

No idea what will happen when someone calls you.

Are you thinking that the callers voice will come out of the car speaker and that you will not have a mic and how does that work with bluetooth on top of it?

Can you use bluetooth and eg a pair of wired headphones (same function as connects2) at the same time with the iphone?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry guys forget about the Connects2 only interested in the functionality of the Dension.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
IPHONE works with my ipod set up, and the handsfree in my EX.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you using with your iphone connects2 or Dension gateway 100, how does it control the iphone, please tell me more + how come you got iphone already? :eek:

Simon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts