2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I make a call on my iphone, the audio source selects honda hft as it should while dialing but as soon as it connects, it switches to iphone.
Is this just how the hft works or do I need to change a setting?

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
When I make a call on my iphone, the audio source selects honda hft as it should while dialing but as soon as it connects, it switches to iphone.
Nope, thats not how mine is.... I dial either from the Civic phonebook or from my iphone and it always routes through the Honda HFT unless I select another source manually on the iphone itself. Also when I have dialed and can hear it ringing over the HFT if I then select the iphone as the source (for privacy when others are in the car) while it is still ringing it will automatically revert back to the HFT as soon as the person I am calling answers meaning that I have to manually select iphone as the source again to get the call off HFT. Must be a setting somewhere.... theres not much point in having a HFT system if its only hands free while its dialing and then reverts back to the phone!! :popcorn:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think that's a phone-dependent setting and I haven't quite figured it out myself.

If I dial using my Parrot's (mki9200) voice control, it always connects via the Parrot's microphone and speakers. However, if I dial a number using the iPhone interface, it sometimes uses the Parrot microphone/speakers and sometimes uses the iPhone's. It's quirky behaviour but it's easily avoided by me - as long as I always the Parrot to dial.

When you're in a call, there's an "Audio Source" option on the iPhone to switch between the Normal Phone / Loud Speaker / Parrot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I thought Huge, every other car i've been in has never done this with a bluetooth system
Now to find a cure, I'll have a look in the Honda manual as there aren't any settings to chnage on the iphone

thanks

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Hi, i have exactly the same issue - it is rather annoying. I have a 06 EX.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Same problem, so annoying (im far too lazy to individually input each number)!

·
Silver Surfer!
52 Posts
Nope, thats not how mine is.... I dial either from the Civic phonebook or from my iphone and it always routes through the Honda HFT unless I select another source manually on the iphone itself. Also when I have dialed and can hear it ringing over the HFT if I then select the iphone as the source (for privacy when others are in the car) while it is still ringing it will automatically revert back to the HFT as soon as the person I am calling answers meaning that I have to manually select iphone as the source again to get the call off HFT. Must be a setting somewhere.... theres not much point in having a HFT system if its only hands free while its dialing and then reverts back to the phone!! :popcorn:
I get the same behaviour as Huge describes.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Oh hell, just got an i phone looks like i'm in for some trouble :(

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I picked up my 07 CTR GT today and paired my Iphone 3g immediatley. I made a few calls to friends and family using the voice dialling on my way back home and everything worked/works perfectly. My Iphone is nearly 2 years old....I wonder if it depends on what software update the phone has had???

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
I picked up my 07 CTR GT today and paired my Iphone 3g immediatley. I made a few calls to friends and family using the voice dialling on my way back home and everything worked/works perfectly. My Iphone is nearly 2 years old....I wonder if it depends on what software update the phone has had???
I don't think it does, I was running my 3g iphone, and now my iphone 4 both on my 59 Type R without a hitch. The 3g had a much earlier version of ios running than the 4 does. I don't think its the Honda HFT software version either as I had no problems with the 3g iphone in either my 57 reg EX or the newer Type R. Could it be an option in the pairing / setup process.....been ages since I did that so don't remember :confused: Try deleting the phone and starting again maybe?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Hi simon,

The issue is with dialing from the iphone, not HFT voice dialing.

If you start a call from the iphone, it will default back to the iphone instead of bluetooth - very annoying as i have to call random people all the time on the move, so i don't want to add to the HFT phonebook.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Ah, I see.

I haven't tried to select and dial a number off my Iphone yet......I'll give it a bash tomorrow and reveal my findings?!?!?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts