2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie to the civic scene:
I have a 2007 Type S Gt 2.2, and i want to play my ipod/iphone 4s through the car.
It doesnt have an ipod connection and i was hoping on some advice on what type of connector to use. I'd like to also to link it in as a hands free kit by utlising the microphone situated next to roof and interior light switches.
Don't want to spend a fortune but depending on answers.
Thanks in advance
benpen89

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Newbie to the civic scene:
I have a 2007 Type S Gt 2.2, and i want to play my ipod/iphone 4s through the car.
It doesnt have an ipod connection and i was hoping on some advice on what type of connector to use. I'd like to also to link it in as a hands free kit by utlising the microphone situated next to roof and interior light switches.
Don't want to spend a fortune but depending on answers.
Thanks in advance
benpen89
I assume you mean by adding a microphone there - what may appear to be a microphone is actually the internal motion sensor for the alarm.

Discus has linked you to the guide, and here are the products
HONDA :: XCarLink

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses, will i need to purchase the 'Y lead' as well or is that just for sat nav versions?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks for your responses, will i need to purchase the 'Y lead' as well or is that just for sat nav versions?
That is only for sat nav versions - however if you want to mount the unit in the arm rest under your elbow it serves as a handy extension cable!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive been looking at using a 'dension ice link'
seen a few people mention it on here anybody have any they would recommend or not recommend as it could be?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
will i be able to take phone calls with it installed? sorry only had a quick look haha I'm meant to be completing an assignment that's due in tomorrow but keep finding myself on here!
what does no ID3 mean sorry still getting used to it!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
No ID3 means it won't display the ID3 tags (i.e. it won't show the name of the track and the artist information).

However there is no aftermarket unit - even the Honda one - that can do this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AM interested in the dension but i will have to check the funds, will get back to you tomorrow if thats ok mate?
regards:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts