2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just picked up a new 1.8 and been playing with the audio. I've connected the Iphone and altered the source and managed to get it playing the playlists fine however, If I then pair the phone via bluetooth it cuts the volume to the audio source.

If I then unpair the phone the audio starts again.

when its paired I can go to the source menu and you can see its still playing the audio track only no sounds coming out.

Any ideas on this one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
HI agent walker,
Ive had my 9th gen about 2 months now and the iphone connectivity is the main bugbear for me.
I find that sometimes when playing tracksthrough bluetooth and i make a call, the music carries on playing in the background.
Other times the iphone wont be recognised until i unplug and replug it in again.
Sometimes it will play for 5-6 seconds then stop until i re-plug it.
I think whats happeing in your scenario is that the audio is picking up the tracks from the bluetooth connection which is a weaker signal and therefore lower level hence the volume changes to a lower level. if it happens try changing the AUX source back to USB as it has picked up Bluetooth by itself.
hope it helps. im still figuring it out myself.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Just picked up a new 1.8 and been playing with the audio. I've connected the Iphone and altered the source and managed to get it playing the playlists fine however, If I then pair the phone via bluetooth it cuts the volume to the audio source.

If I then unpair the phone the audio starts again.

when its paired I can go to the source menu and you can see its still playing the audio track only no sounds coming out.

Any ideas on this one?
It's to do with your iPhone. When you have it connected through USB and the Bluetooth then connects, the iPhone switches its output to Bluetooth. If this happens just disconnect/reconnect your iPod cable. It's a pain I know, but that's apple for you. Its the same if you're listening to music through your phones speakers and then plug headphones in.

·
Registered
161 Posts
HI agent walker,
Ive had my 9th gen about 2 months now and the iphone connectivity is the main bugbear for me.
I find that sometimes when playing tracksthrough bluetooth and i make a call, the music carries on playing in the background.
Other times the iphone wont be recognised until i unplug and replug it in again.
Sometimes it will play for 5-6 seconds then stop until i re-plug it.
I think whats happeing in your scenario is that the audio is picking up the tracks from the bluetooth connection which is a weaker signal and therefore lower level hence the volume changes to a lower level. if it happens try changing the AUX source back to USB as it has picked up Bluetooth by itself.
hope it helps. im still figuring it out myself.
That has happened to me too. When it next happens try switching the source from Honda HFT on your iPhone to speaker or phone and you will find that the call and music are both there. I guess it's another apple bug! The civic system is just playing through the car system what the phone sends to it. Annoying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts