2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm sure this has been asked before but its wrecking my head!

I have an 08 Civic Hybrid with the dash mounted 6 cd changer.
I want an ipod connector instead.
I bought this: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
and installed it.
It charges the ipod fine but the radio will not pick it up as an input.
I press CD/AUX and it swaps over to the CD. If I have no CD's in it just stays on the radio.

I have heard that I might lose the use of the CD player. Thats fine.

Am I missing something?

Should this work or do I have a faulty unit?

Thanks for any input (No pun intended :))

Al

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
okie dokie.....no worries. In my own opinion, either the connector is not compatible or it's faulty. It could either be your ipod is not compatible. Try a friend's ipod and see if it works. Finally maybe the connector is lose behind.

Cheers
M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried it with an iphone and ipod.
I've also re-checked the connection at the back. No luck

In theory it should work?

Has anyone else done this with the dash mounted 6-cd changer unit?

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Have you tried connecting the iPod/iPhone using the aux input instead of the iPhone cable? (I mean audio output from the headphone jack of the iPod/iPhone)

It could be the iPhone cable that's the problem?

Also presumably your cd changer worked fine before, did you have to press a specific button on the HU to activate the cd changer before?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The Honda aux in port (white plug) has a few different pin configurations,even though they look the same. Hence the original US xcarlinks people got from eBay back in 06/07 did not work with our Euro civics.

Having said that, your hybrid is based on the usdm/jdm civic, so I would have assumed that adaptor would work... Unless Honda fit a UK/Euro HU in the hybrid too?

Is it this one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.