2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, i know there have been a lot of posts with people wondering what works and what doesn't when it comes to ipod and bluetooth etc...This is just to say that I had a Dension gateway 100 iPod adapter and Parrot CK 3100 fitted and it works fine. I know that the iPod adapters do NOT show the artist, track title etc...But the Dension allows both control of the iPod from the Head Unit/Steering Wheel or change to iPod control too (good if you have a co-pilot in the car!).
An adapter was needed at £30 to allow all of the above to attach to the head unit...
The Dension charges the iPod and connects direct into the CD changer port so sounds great!
I tried it with my iPhone and it all works fine too! So if anyone is wondering out there if there are compatibility problems then my answer is definitely NO!! Hope this helps a little...Cheers, Sav

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Hi folks, i know there have been a lot of posts with people wondering what works and what doesn't when it comes to ipod and bluetooth etc...This is just to say that I had a Dension gateway 100 iPod adapter and Parrot CK 3100 fitted and it works fine. I know that the iPod adapters do NOT show the artist, track title etc...But the Dension allows both control of the iPod from the Head Unit/Steering Wheel or change to iPod control too (good if you have a co-pilot in the car!).
An adapter was needed at £30 to allow all of the above to attach to the head unit...
The Dension charges the iPod and connects direct into the CD changer port so sounds great!
I tried it with my iPhone and it all works fine too! So if anyone is wondering out there if there are compatibility problems then my answer is definitely NO!! Hope this helps a little...Cheers, Sav
Alright mate,

You got pics of your parrot install? (i.e. where the mic and control unit is and all the wires completely hidden)

;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the pics...

Not the greatest pics but the install was very well done..I chose the Parrot to be installed there as it is easy to see who's calling and also choose to accept the call or not...The iPod I keep in the compartment pretty much all the time except when syncing to iTunes...The installer also hard wired the cable for my satnav to keep everything nice and neat!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi There, don't mind at all! The cost of it all was £360. £170 for the Parrot supplied and fitted, £150 for the Dension supplied and fitted, £30 for the CD Changer adapter and £10 to hardwire the Sat Nav...Might not seem the cheapest, but when you cost the Honda equivalents, its £350 for the bluetooth plus £225 for their ipod connection which isn't as good as the Dension...Cheers, Sav

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Re:

Hi Sav!

Cheers for the pictures, looking really good!!!

bucketp, if your a dab hand at the diy, the parrot 3100 costs 60 quid(ebay) and the ipod is 95 quid on ebay.:D of course you would need to cable in yourself buts its easy peasy.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Hi There, don't mind at all! The cost of it all was £360. £170 for the Parrot supplied and fitted, £150 for the Dension supplied and fitted, £30 for the CD Changer adapter and £10 to hardwire the Sat Nav...Might not seem the cheapest, but when you cost the Honda equivalents, its £350 for the bluetooth plus £225 for their ipod connection which isn't as good as the Dension...Cheers, Sav

Your cost is cheaper than another one. I assume that's fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts