2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news- I got my Desion Ice-link connected via the CD changer connection on the HU. £140!!!! I am chuffed with it

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will post pics as soon as I can
It is aux in via the CD changer port
Steering controls allow changing track and change volume
I think the HU may allow me to shift between some playlists

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
cool does the track info come up on screen etc , when you get 5 mins see what other things the hu lets you do, like does holding the ch up button change folders etc? How long did it take you to fit ? did you encounter any problems , is the fitting directions easy to follow etc?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly I cannot remember the product code. It is a Dension Ice-Link Plus and if the dealer contacts Dension they will advice what adaptor is needed for the Civic.
The screen does not show anything other than the default CD changer info, but I have positioned mine above the gear shift so can easily see what is playing

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nadz, for your love of this forum....even if you can't remember the part number....phone up the dealer that fitted it for you and ask them the part number. In fact, tell us the name of the dealer in Scotland so we can ask them if they have any partners of people they would recommend down south. Was the £140 cost the part and fitting? After all we have gone through on this board over bloody iPod links you can't just say you have it fitted and then say nothing!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry guys- I have been away in the hills of sunny scotland. I am in work tomorrow and I will try and get the part number and a description of what it can do?:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Posted this earlier in the wrong place I think !!

Hi there new to the site, just received my Civic 2.2 EX last Friday. Just come across this site in last few days and have found it very helpfull so thankyou.
Hopefully I might be able to help some of you who like me are trying to get their bleedin Ipod into their EX.
I spoke to a company called Progressive Consumer Electronics who are the main UK distributer for Dension products(they are also listed on the Dension website), I spoke to them direct because every other ICE shop around Edinburgh told me there was no way to connect the Ipod to the EX and I wanted to get an idea when one might be available.
Progressive told me that there is a new Ice>link plus model which has only been out for a week and most of the stockists do not know this yet.
The kit is £99 similar to most other Ice>link plus kits.

Once I get my new Ipod 80gig I will also be purchasing one of these kits.

Progressive can be contacted on 08718719747 or at [email protected]

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Posted this earlier in the wrong place I think !!

Hi there new to the site, just received my Civic 2.2 EX last Friday. Just come across this site in last few days and have found it very helpfull so thankyou.
Hopefully I might be able to help some of you who like me are trying to get their bleedin Ipod into their EX.
I spoke to a company called Progressive Consumer Electronics who are the main UK distributer for Dension products(they are also listed on the Dension website), I spoke to them direct because every other ICE shop around Edinburgh told me there was no way to connect the Ipod to the EX and I wanted to get an idea when one might be available.
Progressive told me that there is a new Ice>link plus model which has only been out for a week and most of the stockists do not know this yet.
The kit is £99 similar to most other Ice>link plus kits.

Once I get my new Ipod 80gig I will also be purchasing one of these kits.

Progressive can be contacted on 08718719747 or at [email protected]
Hey daven and welcome, if you could find that out for us it would be a great help, would make many of us very happy!

Paddy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts