2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to buy a Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI 5 Door EX, it has 4000 on the clock and in perfect condition.

It even has the I Pod link fitted, I tested it and it works but as I have read in here it is very basic. How, if at all can I have the song, artist, Album etc on the screen?

I am a very heavy I Pod user and would love to have more control on long journeys! I would of thought with the Sat Nav and Audio screen it would be simple, it does it with CD's.

Any suggestions are welcome.

p.s Is it possible to get the Videos on my I Pod on the screen?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
iPod Adaptor

I paid £220 to have the iPod adaptor fitted back in September. Wish I had done my homework and found out how bad it really is before making this BIG mistake. I contacted Honda UK about a refund and complained about how useless it is. They replied it is like that because of Health and Safety concerns stating that it would be as dangerous as using a mobile phone when driving. Absolute crap as playing an MP3 disc can display track info etc.
Anyway, car goes back in this Monday coming to have the offending iPod adaptor removed and Arnold Clark will give me a refund.
I am not finished with Honda UK yet though. Does anyone else have any stories about Honda UK and their indifferent "Customer Relations" dept?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I paid £220 to have the iPod adaptor fitted back in September. Wish I had done my homework and found out how bad it really is before making this BIG mistake. I contacted Honda UK about a refund and complained about how useless it is. They replied it is like that because of Health and Safety concerns stating that it would be as dangerous as using a mobile phone when driving. Absolute crap as playing an MP3 disc can display track info etc.
Anyway, car goes back in this Monday coming to have the offending iPod adaptor removed and Arnold Clark will give me a refund.
I am not finished with Honda UK yet though. Does anyone else have any stories about Honda UK and their indifferent "Customer Relations" dept?
Hi, I totally agree with you about the ipod connection. I was lucky enough that the demonstrator I test drove had the ipod lead. After a lot of reading on here, I took my ipod to the dealer and insisted on testing it in their car. Which I might add they did not mind one little bit. ( Cheers Holdcroft Honda ) I'm glad I did because it is useless.

Regarding Honda UK customer relations I have contacted them a few times and while they make all the right noises and make you think you are getting good service and they are bending over backwards for you, they never ever return your calls when they promise they will.

Very poor customer service :mad:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I paid £220 to have the iPod adaptor fitted back in September. Wish I had done my homework and found out how bad it really is before making this BIG mistake.
Always do your home work on Civinfo. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts