2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Just need a bit of advice on the best/cheapest way to get a fully fitted IPOD connection in my 07 Civic Type SGT. FM transmitter I have currently is really quite poor and I dont really fancy paying £250 to the Honda dealer, any suggestions? Many thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ipod

Many thanks for the replies, the problem I have really is fitting the thing, is this really straight forward or is there a service that anyone knows of that will actually fit it for me?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ipod

Cheers Pottsy, done a bit more looking about and the Dice Integration looks better than the Connects 2 option, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I am having the same problem as you stu. I do not want to pay the 250 for it. I've heard the h&k play 1&2 are ment to be quite good?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to have an HK in my old Civic Sport, it was good but finding somewhere to put the screen and jog wheel in the new model is quite tricky plus when I asked the good people of Halfords they said that the whole dash had to be removed and they didnt have anyone qualified to fit them!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I used to have an HK in my old Civic Sport, it was good but finding somewhere to put the screen and jog wheel in the new model is quite tricky plus when I asked the good people of Halfords they said that the whole dash had to be removed and they didnt have anyone qualified to fit them!

Yep they said the same too me. I really don't know what to go for and it is starting to annoy me!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Cheers Pottsy, done a bit more looking about and the Dice Integration looks better than the Connects 2 option, what do you think?
I don't have any experience of the DICE - it seems the same except that you can use the steering wheel control, and it costs twice the price. My MP3 player has a little joystick thing that I can operate without looking, so I don't need the steering wheel control, so the connects2 is fine for me...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this sounds really lazy but I cant find any of the manuals that came with my Type S (GT 2007). Can anyone tell me the make/model of the stereo in my car? Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just been given a price for the Dension fitted - £150 - was wondering if this seemed like a fair price for this piece of kit? Thanks,

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
dension fitting

I have just posted a similar question.

My quote is £210, which is to supply and fit a parrot hands free and fit only a Dension, which I have sourced separately, at £105.

So I would say your quote is pretty good, BUT, I am very new to the civic and all this stuff

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I am still trying to find the best soultion and i just dont know what to do/buy. Ive got £200 at the mo. any ideas?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts