2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here, just bought an 08 fn2 and want to connect my ipod upto the standard head unit. what are my options and what are people's experiences with different units?
Don't want an fm transmitter and would prefer to have control through the steering wheel
Thanks

·
2007 2.2 EX:-D
47 Posts
Hey buddy,
I fitted an xcarlink to my 07 last month, and it's been really good. There's a discount code on here if you search xcarlink discount, and there's a fantastic guide to fit it step by step on here too. It's satisfying doing it yourself!
Quality and usability wise it's been quite impressive, I have only used the apple connector that's supplied as opposed to the SD card slot or the aux jack cable that are both included too and the sound quality is actually quite an improvement on the cars pretty pants speakers.... I hear that the jack cable isn't that great for sound quality though.
Steering controls all work fine, and the display shows auxiliary connection but unfortunately no track names. (No other devices can do this either yet unfortunately!)
The fitting is really snug, in the armrest compartment and looks great! Definitely an OEM appearance and keeps the cool spaceship look of the honda! :D

Hope this has helped! Any other questions feel free to PM me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts