2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a look at this:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=150116549023&rd=1&rd=1

and this:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=150117681073&rd=1&rd=1

the top link show the connection plugs, so will these fit the EX head unit?

ive emailed the second like and they said it would fit, but offer a full money back if it doesent, so i take it they aint 100% sure.

both will charge the ipod which is what i really want.

·
Registered
975 Posts
personally i dont know if it works but i have put the aux in and unless there was some amazing system made for the civic that will suffice and it was cheap 40 pounds

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but does the us civic use the same connectors as the uk EX hu? it shows the connector in the pictures, i dont want to rip my hu out to have alook, just wondered if some1 know what these plugs look like.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I was looking at the 1st one also - Maybe Pottsy can tell whether it's the same connector?
It is the same connector, it's standard across most new Honda's/Acura's, the issue is the wiring configuration the same! I fairly certain it is, as the CD multi-changer is again, the same for most models.

See the connector for the connects2, it's the same as the one on ebay!

I know for fact the connects2 works as I've fitted it to my EX :D

Update - After a bit of research on the internet, it does seen the connector is now standard on all Honda's i.e the pin configurations are the same. The diagram below show's the pin designations:

EX AUX IN.jpg

However, it does seem some logic is required by the HU, so it's not as simple as splicing into the R+/R-, L+/L- to get an aux in. This is because there has to be a signal that tells the head unit that the CD changer is there, and unless you know what the protocol for that signal is, you're never going to get the head unit to switch over

The third party products like the connects2 and the item on ebay must apply that signal through one of the other pins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts