2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I got a new iPod Touch for Christmas and I was contemplating getting the iPod adapter cable from Honda. £225!! :eek:

My first question is, does anyone know if the Honda supplied iPod connection works with the new iPod Touch? Stero controls etc?

I have had a look through other people's posts and seen that there are alternatives and are much cheaper, such as this one i found here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/10126-iphone-dension-install-ex.html

So my second question is, in peoples opinions, which would be the best solution for my iPod Touch? Are there any that displays info onto the Sat Nav Screen? And when the Audio screen says extension, can this still be hidden and just have the SatNav/other screens displayed?

Oh by the way, I have a 56 plate EX

Thanks,

AndyEX

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have an Iphone (same as itouch I think) and the ipod connection cable from Honda and it works only one time in my car (error on car screen while I select the changer source).
Before i had an ipod nano and it's works perfectly.
I didn't find why my iphone didn't work with this stupid cable because the iphone works perfectly in others cars fitted with standard ipod connector.
My car is an type S GT 2007

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I tried mine (ipod touch) and if i have all songs on random the first song to play the player will only be able to access that album :-(, only one album (not playlist :-( ) can be played depending on your first song choice.

Im actually considering buying a cheap ipod nano to allow the system to play all my songs and/or playlists however i want

(with honda's own ipod adapter)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
ipod cable

I picked up my Civic yesterday fitted with ipod adapter, I also have the Ipod touch, it works perfectly, although to get the best out of it you need to make playlist named Honda1, Honda2 all the way to Honda7 each containing up to 100 tracks, then use the cd change button to go through your playlists, cd 8 is reserved to play all tracks on ipod. The naming of playlists must be as above Capital H and no spaces. Hopes this helps

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I picked up my Civic yesterday fitted with ipod adapter, I also have the Ipod touch, it works perfectly, although to get the best out of it you need to make playlist named Honda1, Honda2 all the way to Honda7 each containing up to 100 tracks, then use the cd change button to go through your playlists, cd 8 is reserved to play all tracks on ipod. The naming of playlists must be as above Capital H and no spaces. Hopes this helps
Nice one!! ill definately try that. Just need my car to do it :-(

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Is that correct? Everywhere else I have read says that the Honda adapter does not work with the iPod Touch at all. If it does then I too will be getting it once my car arrives. Can you see the names of the tracks when they are playing?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
im assuming if it works for the Itouch it will work with the Iphone? I might just go with the honda ipod lead as to be honest im not one for taking car apart.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi All,

I got a new iPod Touch for Christmas and I was contemplating getting the iPod adapter cable from Honda. £225!! :eek:

My first question is, does anyone know if the Honda supplied iPod connection works with the new iPod Touch? Stero controls etc?

I have had a look through other people's posts and seen that there are alternatives and are much cheaper, such as this one i found here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/10126-iphone-dension-install-ex.html

So my second question is, in peoples opinions, which would be the best solution for my iPod Touch? Are there any that displays info onto the Sat Nav Screen? And when the Audio screen says extension, can this still be hidden and just have the SatNav/other screens displayed?

Oh by the way, I have a 56 plate EX

Thanks,

AndyEX
If you have the EX you'll need the extra power loom which is in the price of the £225 from Honda, the lead is £95 I have one if you want to make me an offer its a genuine Honda one that was fitted to my EX

1 - 11 of 11 Posts