2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;)Hi!!

I have a civic type r GT and it comes with the ipod connection.

I have loaded all my songs on the ipod and have put them into folders but when I connect it to the civic I cannot understand as it doesnt have it in folders any more and just plays all the songs in a random order so I cannot find which song I want to play??

I cannot make out how to go up and down a folder...and it doesnt even show up on the screen when its connected to the ipod...just says "extension".

Does anybody know if its possible to have it in folders or do the songs just have to be in any order?

ALSO...can vidoes be played on the screen? The car has a DVD player (for the sat nav) but it wont play vids??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!:police:

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
you need to put them in playlists from what i have read, i have a aux ipod connection which is from honda but i cant seem to get it to work i just get cdc error

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I bought a "cheap ipod" and tried to put it on and it worked but wasnt scontrolled by the system,,,i had to control it from the acutal ipod and it kept on saying CDC error! But still worked!

I dont have the AUX ipod connection...I haver a diff one ...I think lol

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
I have an iPhone in my Type S GT.. I set my songs up in playlists.. easy if you do it through iTunes on your computer. they still get played in a random order, but at least I can select a playlist when I get in the car. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the thing...I put in in a play list and I cannot select one...only can sleect it from the ipod?? and even thats after ive disconnected it!

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Aw I see.. Sorry I misunderstood. Have you checked the car user manual? There's a list of iPods that the car is compatible with. Also, mine was playing up similar to this yesterday, but after I reset my iPhone, it was all fine. Have you tried a reset?

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Aw I see.. Sorry I misunderstood. Have you checked the car user manual? There's a list of iPods that the car is compatible with. Also, mine was playing up similar to this yesterday, but after I reset my iPhone, it was all fine. Have you tried a reset?
random i wonder why after you reset your phone it worked? was it playing before and just not reading the playlists?

im not sure mine is a honda ipod connection,mine is fitted in the silver tray bellow the radio

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Not that specifically but whenever something odd goes on with the iPhone I reset it and it works it out in the end.. it's done a few off things!

Hmm.. mine is definitely a Honda iPod/USB connection, but mine is in the armrest.. (mine is an 09 though) also - the fact that yours says 'extension' makes me think it's aftermarket aswell?

My Husband's car has an iPod connection that he has set up to come through the dash to his little tray thing. That was aftermarket.. it works really well with his DVD player/sat nav/stereo but it's a bit slower.. I know on that he can play playlists - but he has an actual DVD unit in his car..

How long have you had the car? Can you trace the previous owner and ask what it is so you can read up about compatibility etc?

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
correct... cheers mate... im still none the wiser! lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
faz0062....

the only way i could move playlists is to hold down the + button on the track select on your steeringwheel, until it beeps, it will then play an random selection... however if you do it any i will go back to the first lot...

very odd!

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spooky fish..

hmmm thanks for that...im going to try that! My ipod connection is in the little tray under the stereo (the one with the flip cover),...does this mean its not origianl Honda?

Its a 57 plate...only had it a few month...i thought I would be able to control the playlists by the screen??? but it just says "extension" im so confused!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
No its not genuine then, mine is official Honda, but is in the Glove box... May operate the same tho?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im sure it was an option extra tho...coz the guy who bought it new got EVERYTHING on it! apart from the stickers¬!

·
Registered
132 Posts
did you get the Honda/ipod manual with it? that would confirm i guess... I have mine and i read one page then fell to sleep....

·
Street Cowboy
311 Posts
Mine is on ¨PLAYLIST¨ then create a folder ALL CAPS, NO SPACE...

HONDA1
HONDA2
HONDA3
HONDA4
HONDA5
HONDA6
HONDA7

Now move or copy songs on the folder.... I have arranged mine like HONDA1 is 100 songs but in order... 50 techno 50 RnB :cool:

HONDA8 & 9...you cant play save songs on this folder coz this is a factory settings.
8 is random
9 is continue playing (all songs)

On car will appear:
CDC1 to CDC9

Hope this help ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
spooky_fish...
I did get the manual with it...so im guessing its genuine.

gja gun...thanks for that...i will try that out!

Cheers

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
spooky_fish...
I did get the manual with it...so im guessing its genuine.

gja gun...thanks for that...i will try that out!

Cheers
Oooh let us know how you get on!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts