2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second iPod classic has died on me - this one was modified with an sdd card which I was under the impression meant it wouldn't suffer a broken down hard drive. Tried everything, resets, diskmode, the lot.

My question is - is there a correct way to eject an iPod from a head unit? Mines a Pioneer f940bt. I've just been unplugging the iPod when I'm finished with it - I'm thinking that can't be good for it?

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
To avoid damage the iPod should be disconnected the same as you would from a computer, attached is what the handbook says.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Turn off and wait for safe to disconnect to be shown on the screen.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried before, been a while, but I could've sworn the iPod just kept displaying 'Pioneer'.

I think I'll get a female 30 pin to 3.5 male connector with a new iPod - I'd lose controlling through the head unit itself but I reckon the iPods hard drive would be safer.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Just checked mine,an old generation 3 iPod, it says ok to disconnect on the iPod screen even when it is playing.
Do not know what else to suggest perhaps another member might be able to help.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine (classic, 7th gen) just says Pioneer on it.

Cheers for the replies though.

I know I can Bluetooth with phone but I prefer a dedicated music player - phones are for calls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts