2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't realise the rear view camera is IR :) Was playing last night and checked the book.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I think all little cameras like these are sensitive to IR - it's just the way they are. Get your cameraphone and while you have a live preview look at a normal remote control operating...

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
does this mean it give a parkable picture in the dark ?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to get the kids behind with the TV remote and see what happens :D

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
cool i do alot of night driving and parking so happy cam work 24 hours , so is cam worth the extra money over sensors u think ? does the cam cover the whole writh of the car ,eg so if u cant see a post say u wount hit it ?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool i do alot of night driving and parking so happy cam work 24 hours , so is cam worth the extra money over sensors u think ? does the cam cover the whole writh of the car ,eg so if u cant see a post say u wount hit it ?
I would say so! Today I was reversing out of my drive and couldn't see out the back window because of dew. As soon as I was going forward not a problem as it ran off. But parking sensors are just that. Where as the cam I didn't need to worry as I could still see behind me :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would say so! Today I was reversing out of my drive and couldn't see out the back window because of dew. As soon as I was going forward not a problem as it ran off. But parking sensors are just that. Where as the cam I didn't need to worry as I could still see behind me :D
I was parked on Eastbourne Promenade yesterday. You park at roughly 45º to the main road, so if you go front-end in it means having to reverse out into the main road. This is nasty because you can't see what's coming, as the car to your left is 60-90cm further into the road than you are because of the angle of parking. You have no chance of seeing what's coming through your own back door window. By using the camera, I was able to see about 20-30 meters down the road, enough to see a gap in the traffic and edge out far enough so that I could see through the rear door window. For me this is a major advantage.
I also completely agree about the great night vision on the camera.
It has taken a little getting used to, but I think that it's worth every penny of the upgrade.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts