2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The autolights feature which detects if sunlight hits the dashboard is really irritating on a cloudy day, mainly because the noise from the relay(?) rele) is so loud, you can even hear it when driving 50 km/h and the radio is on :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I quite like the click (doesn't happen very often here), because it is a useful reminder that the lights have come on, and other road users may think you're flashing them out of a junction.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Pottsy said:
I quite like the click (doesn't happen very often here), because it is a useful reminder that the lights have come on, and other road users may think you're flashing them out of a junction.
We have our lights on here 24/7 so the only thing that comes on is the dashboard light. Or so I would imagine. Pikkumies, can you confirm that it doesn't really do anything other than make a sound?

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
552 Posts
pikkumies said:
The autolights feature which detects if sunlight hits the dashboard is really irritating on a cloudy day, mainly because the noise from the relay(?) rele) is so loud, you can even hear it when driving 50 km/h and the radio is on :roll:
I guess you like the car very much if that is all you have to complain about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is great. Dont have anything else to do, im hangover so cant drive ;).

Actually it's a bit hard to check because im not sure where the sensor to sunlight is. I dont think it drops the lights off, or at least it shouldnt because the lights have to be on 24/7. It turns off / dims the lights from the dashboard, speed gauge and radio

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
pikkumies said:
It turns off / dims the lights from the dashboard, speed gauge and radio
But it still fires the large relay that in our cars is heavy duty enough to operate the lights. I can see why this is annoying! I think the light sensor is by the rain sensor (on the windscreen). Since the lights are always on, I wonder what would happen if you unplugged the auto lights relay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts