2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a very quiet sqeaky rattle from just over my right shoulder, which I think may be in the seatbelt fixings/mechanism.

Although very quiet it is sort of driving me nuts cos it is right around by my lug hole. It only happens on rougher stretches of road too (so 90% of UK roads :rolleyes:).

Should I be putting up with this? It is very minor compared to problems some others face but I don't know if it's something I would just have put up with before joining this forum & becoming a slightly paranoid hypochondriac where my car is concerned. :(

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
If you are not happy about it then mention it to the dealer, in my first civic I had a squeak around the centre consol which drove me mad and they fixed it. In my car now my gears creak and I just put up with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ronnie

Have the same problem with rattle/vibration from the top of the seatbelt mechanism on both sides. Seems to come and go but worst on rough motorway surfaces. However its not worth a separate trip to the dealer to have it fixed unlike the petrol flap fiasco. 1st service will do for me. Notice you have 18inch wheels like me wonder if that is the common link as I also have quite a strong vibration from the pedal box when turning into a corner and still braking. I have a suspicion that the standard front suspension and brakes are not really optimisted for the heavier weight of the 2.2 diesel plus the 18inch wheels. Compared to 3 previously owned 4 wheel steer Preludes only the level of grip compares but the braking and handling are inferior despite a 10 year technology gap. The cost accountants seem to have won the battle.

·
Fallen Angel
1,229 Posts
Your question...is a squeaky rattle accepatble!!!
Is an massive crack in the plaster of a new house acceptable...YEs..it is settling!!! and it costs u a lot more!!

My answer...yes it is acceptable.......but if it gets worse..then ask them to look at it at your dealers...my dealer..( Stuart Graham Honda in Crewe...Hello Adele!!!!lol i love u guys) put up with me just popping in with any old problem...mind u they do think i am insane......my point is it is a new car...give it a settling in period!!!!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think mentioning something to a dealer is pointless - they will nod & make a noise like they hear what you say & then do nothing. They ignored the rattle in the tailgate I mentioned to them - when I open it something rattles/rolls to the top of the door; when I close it it rattle/rolls to the bottom of the door.

Asking a dealer to do something may also be pointless, but should be more fruitful than mentioning...

I will leave the sweak until I go in for something else & then ask them to sort it if it is still a problem at the time. I will tell them my expectations...

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cost accountants seem to have won the battle.

Yeah - I think the 1.4 model demonstrates this (sorry if this offends any 1.4 owners)...

When I had the 1.4 model as a courtesy car for the day, stripped down to basic level Civic, it felt like other plastic, rattly, noisy, horrible hire cars I have had the misfortune to drive in holiday resorts. Cheap & no class; rough & nothing to redeem it, apart from when you step back & take a look from outside.

Even though the inside had the shape & forms of the Civic dash it seemed to be lacking the soul. I guess it's what happens to anything cool when you strip away half the package that makes it so attractive.

·
Fallen Angel
1,229 Posts
I think mentioning something to a dealer is pointless - they will nod & make a noise like they hear what you say & then do nothing. They ignored the rattle in the tailgate I mentioned to them - when I open it something rattles/rolls to the top of the door; when I close it it rattle/rolls to the bottom of the door.

Asking a dealer to do something may also be pointless, but should be more fruitful than mentioning...

I will leave the sweak until I go in for something else & then ask them to sort it if it is still a problem at the time. I will tell them my expectations...

I would have to argue and say it depends on the dealer..mine is fab!! Stuart Graham..this is on another thread though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts