2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ive seen on fancy Mercs remote boot opening & closing. Our civics are electronically controlled so i was wondering if it would be possible to create some sort of remote opening, maybe interior button or even better getting the keyfob to do it somehow. Just an idea :)

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
my accord tourer has automatic boot opening, opened from keyfob, closed from fob or button on inner tailgate. but very complicated and expensive system, ecu, switches and electric motors etc

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
I thought about this.'

While it will be easy to use a ebay 1 channel remote control door opener to pop the handle the issue is the struts are not strong enough to start lifting the door.

·
Veedub
534 Posts
I had a Puma that remotely opened the boot, fine on the struts, not just a boot release but all the way up. Great when you are looking for that needle in a haystack

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
I watched a video on YouTube the other week and for the life of me I can not find it but the crooks of it was yes a separate remote for the boot release but once activated not only did it release the boot lock but it also drove the boot up with an actuator far enough until the boot struts are able to take over then it retracted back into the boot looked ace I must admit lol
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
the new crv's have a little button on the inside of the bootlid when its up to bring it automatically down

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Problem is that is another car.

Its doors may be lighter and struts may be stronger.
Too true but if I was gonna do it I'd swop the struts for more powerful ones as they ain't that much to buy anyways, still might yet as since fitting my type-R spoiler it don't like going up on its own no more.:banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi.
There is a some cool guy called TRAFO ( http://www.trafo.za.pl/honda/ )
He done that in civic 8th.

I've got a Type R with original spoiler and I'm looking for a stronger gas springs cos I would like to do same one .
Trafo said that we might use gas spring from citroen xm estate 1998r. But they are bit expensive..
Anyone have got a stronger gas spring fitted in his type r ???

https://vimeo.com/122533635

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Have you spoke to trafo - If so how has he programmed the key to unlock the boot on double press of unlock ?

Intrigued

Wardy

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Have you spoke to trafo - If so how has he programmed the key to unlock the boot on double press of unlock ?

Intrigued

Wardy
Reading his website he's got a module that listens for the keypress open, and then if another open is received within a short space of time it activates.

civicklub.pl forum post
Trafo's page on the topic

Edit: Watch the video on Trafo's page, it's awesome.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
liking this, my only reservation would be will i need all my weight to close it again lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts